Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Spanish for the car wash

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Old March 23, 2009, 07:50 PM
Opal

Native Language: English
PIKI is on a distinguished road
Spanish for the car wash

ive seen many books on learning spanish in the warehouse or gardening, plumbing, in the office, does anyone know of one for car washes?

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old March 23, 2009, 08:40 PM
Ruby

Native Language: Norwegian
Vikingo is on a distinguished road
I'm assuming that you're trying to be funny

"Learn Spanish in your car" doesn't exclude the time it's being washed, but the program sucks nonetheless. For audio programs, go with Pimsleur or Spanish with Michel Thomas.
Old March 24, 2009, 08:45 AM
Opal

lol, actually I wasnt, at the book stores here they actually have books like i've metioned above, I just never seen one for car washes. Yeah i've listened to "Learn spanish in your car" I didnt like it to much either, I seen a lot of people mention Michel Thomas, i'll have to check that out

Last edited by PIKI; March 24, 2009 at 08:48 AM.
Old March 24, 2009, 10:40 AM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIKI View Post
ive seen many books on learning spanish in the warehouse or gardening, plumbing, in the office, does anyone know of one for car washes?

Car washes should be Lavadero de carros.

At least in my country the where the cars are washed for the people are named Lavaderos de carros.

Greetings.
Old March 25, 2009, 07:20 AM
Ruby

Native Language: Norwegian
Vikingo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
lol, actually I wasnt, at the book stores here they actually have books like i've metioned above, I just never seen one for car washes. Yeah i've listened to "Learn spanish in your car" I didnt like it to much either, I seen a lot of people mention Michel Thomas, i'll have to check that out
Ah, allright. Yeah, I think a good appoach would be to try Michel Thomas for the basic grammar, and the actual vocabulary that's not in the dictionary is something we can try to figure out in these fora

Good luck!
Old March 25, 2009, 09:27 AM
Davidísimo

Native Language: American English
Tomisimo will become famous soon enoughTomisimo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Do you mean while you're going through the car wash or while you're working there? If it's for the time going through the car wash, I would use flash cards to review what you are learning. You can use the flash cards for vocabulary, which is really common, but you can also use them for verb conjugations, grammar points, phrases etc. In fact you can use the flash cards for review in many other areas as well. Here are some examples:
  • After you dial the phone, while you're waiting for them to answer
  • In the bus
  • At stoplights
  • While waiting for the elevator
  • While waiting in line (or waiting for anything)
  • While walking to your destination. (do this carefully, but you can glance down and read a word and then meditate on it, use it think about it, memorize it for 20-30 seconds while walking.)
Old March 25, 2009, 10:21 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Castellano
chileno is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingo View Post
Ah, allright. Yeah, I think a good appoach would be to try Michel Thomas for the basic grammar, and the actual vocabulary that's not in the dictionary is something we can try to figure out in these fora

Good luck!
He actually means, if there is a book that's in Spanish about everything related to a car wash, operating it etc... Where you get to learn the terminology in spanish about the business of car washing.

do it yourself thingy.
Old March 25, 2009, 10:43 AM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
I've doubts above this post.

What does car wash mean?

I have though that it mean Lavadero de carro. But I believe that your answer to the ask is not the that I believed before.

Then as you are knowledgeable in this thread. I ask you the answer of the correct way.

I appreciate any answer of this question.
Old March 25, 2009, 12:23 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Castellano
chileno is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrOtALiTo View Post
I've doubts above this post.

What does car wash mean?

I have though that it mean Lavadero de carro. But I believe that your answer to the ask is not the that I believed before.

Then as you are knowledgeable in this thread. I ask you the answer of the correct way.

I appreciate any answer of this question.
Estas correcto, es lavadero de carro.
Old March 25, 2009, 02:03 PM
Opal

Quote:
Originally Posted by chileno View Post
He actually means, if there is a book that's in Spanish about everything related to a car wash, operating it etc... Where you get to learn the terminology in spanish about the business of car washing.

do it yourself thingy.
Thats what I mean, but there's still a lot of good advice in this thread, thanks to all. I pick up a lot from my employees but a lot of it I cant repeat to my customers if you know what I mean, I would say a good portion like 60% percent of my customers only speak spanish, out of my 20 employees only three are bilingual, so I get alot of practice. my problem sometimes is that my employees that speak proper spanish dont speak english and my employees that are bilingual speak alot of slang spanish, which is okay for alot of my customers, but not some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingo View Post

Good luck!
do you know how basic the beginners course is, im wondering if it would be ok to jump to the advanced, cause daily I study quite a few different
beginner spanish books I know alot of the basics. I just dont want to buy something thats gonna go over what im ready now i want something new, Does anyone know of a good dvd program to watch and learn, I watch alot of TV in spanish now to help pick up pronuciation, but i only pick up a few words cause they speak so fast, i know they have some cd rom programs that you can do on your computer with video clips and interactive lessons but i mean something to throw in the dvd player and watch lessons or classes

Last edited by Rusty; March 25, 2009 at 02:14 PM.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: