Old January 08, 2013, 03:21 AM
Opal

mrb86 is on a distinguished road
Buenos Dias!

I will write this in English as I am a beginner...

Hi, my name is Rhys. I am 26, just started learning Spanish and I am catching a one way flight over to Spain in may with some money and some training lined up, hoping to get a job teaching English.

I would like to be fluent in Spanish (to some degree at least) within a few years.

I have a private tutor for an hour a week and practice every day online using various sites. I am also setting up talking in Spanish via skype in a language exchange and have a 2 week intensive Spanish course booked for when i arrive in Spain.

Hope to use this forum to ask questions generally when I cannot ask my language teacher.

Thanks!

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old January 08, 2013, 05:39 AM
Sapphire

Native Language: US English
wrholt is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the forums, mrb86!
Old January 08, 2013, 02:18 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Inglés (en-gb)
pjt33 is on a distinguished road
English teaching is about the only growth area in the Spanish economy at the moment, so you will probably be able to find enough work to support yourself. The problem with teaching English is that it means spending most of your time speaking and writing English, which makes it hard to learn Spanish. It's not impossible, but expect it to take longer than you hope.
Old January 08, 2013, 03:33 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Welcome to the forums!
Old January 09, 2013, 04:29 AM
Opal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjt33 View Post
English teaching is about the only growth area in the Spanish economy at the moment, so you will probably be able to find enough work to support yourself. The problem with teaching English is that it means spending most of your time speaking and writing English, which makes it hard to learn Spanish. It's not impossible, but expect it to take longer than you hope.
I thought this would be the case, I am committed to overcoming the issue though Thanks for the info
Old January 11, 2013, 01:16 AM
Ruby

Native Language: Arabic
Asma is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb86 View Post

Hi, my name is Rhys. I am 26, just started learning Spanish and I am catching a one way flight over to Spain in may with some money and some training lined up, hoping to get a job teaching English.

I would like to be fluent in Spanish (to some degree at least) within a few years.

I have a private tutor for an hour a week and practice every day online using various sites. I am also setting up talking in Spanish via skype in a language exchange and have a 2 week intensive Spanish course booked for when i arrive in Spain.

Hope to use this forum to ask questions generally when I cannot ask my language teacher.

Thanks!
Welcome to the forums
I study spanish too xD it's a great idea to use internet to improve ur language xD i usually do that too to improve my spanish by speaking through skype
goodluck
Old January 14, 2013, 02:20 AM
Opal

Thank you for all your replies!
Old January 17, 2013, 12:40 PM
Opal

will00 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb86 View Post

Thanks!
Hello, i am doing the exact same thing in april, i already speak a good level of spanish after time studying in south america, where in spain are you going? I will be in Madrid
Old January 21, 2013, 02:37 AM
Opal

Quote:
Originally Posted by will00 View Post
Hello, i am doing the exact same thing in april, i already speak a good level of spanish after time studying in south america, where in spain are you going? I will be in Madrid
I will be in Barcelona, what course are you doing? Literally the same one?
Old January 23, 2013, 03:05 AM
Opal

Native Language: Spanish
carlosvilas is on a distinguished road
Hola! Encantado de conocerte!

So you want to get a job in Spain, that's great... oh and by the way... what is a "job"? I heard that word many years ago... let me think... oh I've got it! A "job" was something people used to do in order to earn money and pay their bills!

Thanks to our wise, competent and high qualified politicians, this word is almost extinct in Spain. May be you could find one or two of these legendary things ("jobs") across the country, but belive me, It won't be easy...

Good luck!

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: