Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Practice & Homework

Does this make sense in Spanish?

Practice Spanish or English here. All replies to a thread should be in the same language as the first post.

Old December 14, 2013, 08:40 AM
Opal

sam19435 is on a distinguished road
Does this make sense in Spanish?

Hello. I have a Spanish homework due, but I am not sure if this makes sense. It is about Frida Kahlo.

En 1925, cuando Kahlo tenía dieciocho años de edad, tuvo un accidente de coche. Se rompió la columna vertebral, la pierna derecha, y el útero. Debido a esto, ella tendría alrededor de treinta cirugías durante toda su vida. El accidente de coche impactó tanto su vida y su obra de arte. Grandes temas de Kahlo se convirtió centrado en el dolor físico y mental del accidente. Su obra refleja estos sentimientos.

De 1926 a 1954, Kahlo pintó con los recuerdos de su dolor y su vida personal. Ella descubrió su identidad a través de la elaboración autorretratos. Sus pinturas también incluyeron sus pensamientos sobre el orgullo nacional. Pero curiosamente, Kahlo tuvo su primera exposición de arte en su país un año antes de su muerte. Los esfuerzos de Frida Kahlo para conocer verdaderamente a sí misma influenciados futuros artistas para encontrar su singularidad.

Gracias? Thank you.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old December 14, 2013, 10:08 AM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
There are some obvious errors and there may be others. Without your English version of the narrative, it's hard to tell.

From what I've read about Kahlo, she wasn't involved in a car accident. She was riding in a bus that was hit by a trolley car. So, that's one thing I would change.

Your use of the past participle 'influenciados' should have been a verb conjugated in a past tense instead.
The wording 'elaboración autorretratos' doesn't make sense.
The sentence that begins with 'grandes temas' needs some work.
There are other things that need changed. An English version might reveal even more.

Some hints:
tanto ... como
conocerse a sí misma
Old December 14, 2013, 10:10 PM
Opal

sam19435 is on a distinguished road
Thanks... English

In 1925, when Kahlo was eighteen years old, she had a car accident. She broke her spine, right leg, and uterus. Because of this, she would have around thirty surgeries throughout her life. The car accident impacted both her life and her art work. Kahlo’s major themes became focused on the physical and mental pain from the accident. Her artwork reflected these feelings.

From 1926 to 1954, Kahlo painted with memories of her pain and personal life. She discovered her identity through drawing self portraits. Her paintings also included her thoughts about national pride. But interestingly, Kahlo had her first art exhibition within her country a year before her death. Frida Kahlo’s efforts to truly know herself influenced future artists to find their uniqueness.

This is my English version. Thanks for the kind reply, though.

Tags
kahlo, translations

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: