Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques

Podcasts

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Closed Thread

Old December 31, 2016, 05:03 AM
Opal

Panameño is on a distinguished road
Podcasts

Buenos días

My first post on this forum. Looking forward to getting to know the community.

I will be moving to Mexico in about nine months time - very exciting! I already have a good level of Spanish as I lived previously in Panama for three years, hence the username. But I'm pretty rusty and never got that level of fluency I was hoping for during my time there.

To help me get back up to speed, I want to start listening to some podcasts in Spanish on my iPhone. Ideally these would be interesting in their own right, not just about learning Spanish. And even better would be Mexican podcasts in Mexican accents using Mexican slang. Though I would find it difficult, I think it would really help me get into the rhythm. Can anyone recommend any or explain how I might find interesting shows? When I search I only really find Spanish teaching or things about Mexico in English.

Thanks in advance. And of course happy to answer any questions anyone might have about Central America!

El Panameño
Old December 31, 2016, 10:19 AM
Sapphire

Native Language: US English
wrholt is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the forums! ¡Bienvenido a los foros!
Old December 31, 2016, 10:58 AM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
I see that the OP had discovered some good threads that mentioned podcasts. If additional help is desired, I hope to hear from him again.
Old January 03, 2017, 02:13 PM
Opal

Panameño is on a distinguished road
Thanks both - I will check some of the other threads in more detail! Only had a skim so far.

If anyone knows how to change your settings so that you can search more easily for content from Mexico or Colombia or wherever i would find that helpful.

And if anyone could recommend a Mexican telenovela that's worth watching every day even better!

Thanks
Old January 03, 2017, 02:56 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
I know of no way to narrow a thread search to a specific country, but a search by 'User Name' is possible. There is at least one native speaker living in Mexico who may recommend something.
Old March 06, 2017, 02:25 PM
Banned

Native Language: English
ApplePie is on a distinguished road
Hola - I recently found this new Mexican Spanish podcast called Doorway To Mexico. I really love it, and it finally helps me understand the kind of Spanish that people at my work use.

A couple of my fave Telenovelas
Pasión y Poder (on Hulu)
El Señor de los Cielos (Netflix) - Lots of slang, Norteño Spanish, very challenging language but good practice

Last edited by Rusty; March 06, 2017 at 04:32 PM. Reason: merged posts and removed links
Closed Thread

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: