Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques

Language school in Spain

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Closed Thread

Old October 26, 2012, 06:20 PM
Opal

James is on a distinguished road
Language school in Spain

Hi

I'm looking for a language school in Spain where i can attend for one month in March of 2013, to do an intensive, immersion course.
Does anyone have any experience - positive or negative - of residential language schools in Spain ? I'm in the UK and can study in any part of Spain, I just want to find a really good school.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

James

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old October 30, 2012, 08:53 AM
Diamond

ROBINDESBOIS is on a distinguished road
There are lots in Madrid city. I ' ll ask a friend of mine and let you Know. I guess Salamanca has to have good ones too, after all it' s a students city.
Old December 08, 2012, 03:54 PM
Opal

Native Language: Spanish
javcax is on a distinguished road
If you want to do an immersion course think about your interests and look for a place where you can learn the language while doing interesting activities for you. You can find schools in many places (big cities, mountains, beaches, etc...)
Old December 19, 2012, 11:15 AM
Emerald

Native Language: inglés y español).
Villa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Hi

I'm looking for a language school in Spain where i can attend for one month in March of 2013, to do an intensive, immersion course.
Does anyone have any experience - positive or negative - of residential language schools in Spain ? I'm in the UK and can study in any part of Spain, I just want to find a really good school.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

James
Hola James. I went to a Spanish school in Mexico to learn Spanish and to a school in Italy to learn Italian. My nephew went to school in Spain and Brazil. What is important when you go to school in Spain is to be around Spanish speakers and not around English speakers. Many students complain that when they go to these schools they don't actually meet Spanish speakers when out of the classroom. What I did to meet native speakers of both Spanish and Italian was to go to places where they hang around. Best places I found were gyms, libraries, book stores, churches, martial art schools, sport clubs, stores in general and so on and so forth. If you go to Spain to learn Spanish and then hang around English speakers you won't learn much Spanish. On the other hand if you hang around Spanish speakers you might just learn more Spanish than in the classroom. I did.
Oh, also find out about living with a Spanish speaking family while you're going to school. That is actually the best way. I did that in Mexico.

Last edited by Rusty; December 24, 2012 at 07:40 AM. Reason: removed superfluous information
Old December 24, 2012, 02:40 AM
Opal

James is on a distinguished road
Hi Thanks everyone

All good advice, the biggest worry is that english becomes the fall back language. I'll probably learn more Spanish if I go to an English language school in England. Most town in England have summer schools with large groups of Spanish/French/Italian kids all speaking in their own language.

At 39 I'm probably too old to stay with a Spanish family, I'll just have to be really stubborn and refuse to speak any English at all. Maybe I'll tell people that I'm Ukranian and if they want to speak to me it'll have to be in Ukranian or Spanish. Hopefully people will choose Spanish !

I've been looking at escuela-montalban.com. I don't know if anyone has any experience of this place ?

Ok

Merry Christmas everyone

James

Last edited by Rusty; December 24, 2012 at 07:39 AM. Reason: removed link
Old December 30, 2012, 01:32 PM
Emerald

Native Language: inglés y español).
Villa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Hi Thanks everyone

At 39 I'm probably too old to stay with a Spanish family, I'll just have to be really stubborn and refuse to speak any English at all. Maybe I'll tell people that I'm Ukranian and if they want to speak to me it'll have to be in Ukranian or Spanish. Hopefully people will choose Spanish !

Ok

James
Hola Jaime. I'm older than you and I stayed with a Spanish speaking family. A friend of mine the same age stayed with a Spanish speaking family too.
Oh yeah, 39 is so old.
Old January 14, 2013, 02:36 AM
Opal

mrb86 is on a distinguished road
IH barcelona do a 2 week intensive spanish course, you can do add ons too that include day trips and cultural lessons.
Closed Thread

Tags
language, residencial, school, spain

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: