Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques

Michel Thomas Software

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Old January 19, 2014, 02:36 PM
Opal

El Lobo is on a distinguished road
Michel Thomas Software

I am a beginner and I have been studying the grammar at home e.g. Conjugations and vocabulary.

Started a class above beginner level and is clear my speaking and listening leave alot to be desired.

My thinking was to start by studying the written word and then move on to speaking practice.

I am now thinking of supplementing my learning aids with either Rosetta Stone or Michel Thomas.

Id be grateful and interested to hear opinions on the software above or anything else ive mentioned.

Gracias
El Lobo

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old January 19, 2014, 10:48 PM
Emerald

Native Language: inglés y español).
Villa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Lobo View Post
I am a beginner and I have been studying the grammar at home e.g. Conjugations and vocabulary.

Started a class above beginner level and is clear my speaking and listening leave alot to be desired.

My thinking was to start by studying the written word and then move on to speaking practice.

I am now thinking of supplementing my learning aids with either Rosetta Stone or Michel Thomas.

Id be grateful and interested to hear opinions on the software above or anything else ive mentioned.

Gracias
El Lobo
The Big Red Book of Spanish Verbs is a must have very good book and best of all comes with a CD rom for the computer. Has a diagnostic test on Spanish verbs and many fun exercises. I have both the Spanish and Italian versiones. McGram Hill.

Last edited by Villa; January 19, 2014 at 11:00 PM.
Old January 20, 2014, 06:30 AM
rule 1: gravity

Native Language: English
poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough
Tomísimo has a verb conjugator. Just look up a verb in the Tomísimo dictionary, and you will find an option for conjugation. I think studying grammar and irregular verbs along with vocabulary are proven good way to start. I am sure that the programs you mention as a supplement will be helpful. With motivation you will learn.
Old January 20, 2014, 06:49 AM
Opal

Thanks for replying.

My strategy is this:

Attend 2.5 hour class for pre-intermediate.

1 hour study per night - consisting of 1/2 hour listening and speaking to Michel Thomas CDs, the other half coursework and study of grammar and vocabulary.

Gracias!
Old January 20, 2014, 07:43 AM
rule 1: gravity

Native Language: English
poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough
This will work if you persevere. Learning the language has collateral effects which ironically include a better understanding of English. Good luck.
Old January 22, 2014, 04:41 AM
Ruby

Native Language: English, Russian, Hebrew
Valeria is on a distinguished road
Yo sé ambos de los metodos. Rosetta Stone - demasiado caro y no vale la pena. Si te gusto la trivialidad, gustaria Rosetta Stone. Pero, sin embargo, no vale la pena.

Michel Thomas es major, en mi opinión. Contrariamente a Rosetta Stone, con Michel Thomas no tu jugas trivialidad. Tu aprendas escuchando. Es como una lección virtuales con otros estudiantes y él explica español. La mejor cosa sobre Michel Thomas es que es posible estudiar a traves su smartphone. En el autobús. Escribir no hay necesidad. :-)

Con todo no estoy segura si quiero recomendar cualquiera de ellos. Ambos son interesantes.
Old January 22, 2014, 05:59 AM
Opal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valeria View Post
Yo sé ambos de los metodos. Rosetta Stone - demasiado caro y no vale la pena. Si te gusto la trivialidad, gustaria Rosetta Stone. Pero, sin embargo, no vale la pena.

Michel Thomas es major, en mi opinión. Contrariamente a Rosetta Stone, con Michel Thomas no tu jugas trivialidad. Tu aprendas escuchando. Es como una lección virtuales con otros estudiantes y él explica español. La mejor cosa sobre Michel Thomas es que es posible estudiar a traves su smartphone. En el autobús. Escribir no hay necesidad. :-)

Con todo no estoy segura si quiero recomendar cualquiera de ellos. Ambos son interesantes.
Muy perspicaz.

Gracias.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: