Hacer Pregunta

Crear un tema
Retroceder   Foros para el aprendizaje de inglés y español > Los idiomas inglés y español > Práctica y Tareas
Registrarse Ayuda Comunidad Calendario Temas de Hoy Buscar PenpalsTraductor

El modo subjuntivo

Practica el inglés o el español aquí. Toda respuesta a un hilo debe ser en el mismo idioma que el primer mensaje.

Respuesta

Herramientas Desplegado
Antiguo January 12, 2010, 11:16 AM
Perikles Perikles no está en línea
Diamond

Primera Lengua: Inglés
Perikles is on a distinguished road
Cita:
Escrito originalmente por ChicadeJeep Ver Mensaje
I find myself becoming frantic and impatient as I feel that I am not as far along as I should be. This is my second course and I should be comfortable having a conversation where I can discuss anything from family to work
But what are you measuring yourself against? I honestly think you are doing yourself an injustice. Nobody would be expected to 'feel comfortable' after studying so short a time - I expect you to be sweating and exhausted. I guess you are at a stage where you know what to say, but by the time you have worked it out, the moment has passed and the conversation has moved on leaving you feeling inadequate. Am I near?
Responder Con Cita

Quita esta publicidad al registrarte con una cuenta gratuita en Tomísimo.
Antiguo January 13, 2010, 08:45 PM
ChicadeJeep ChicadeJeep no está en línea
Ruby

Primera Lengua: English
ChicadeJeep is on a distinguished road
Cita:
Escrito originalmente por chileno Ver Mensaje
That's why you should do what I am telling you. Besides of what you are already doing.
Thank you chileno! I most definitely will take your advise.

Cita:
Escrito originalmente por Perikles Ver Mensaje
But what are you measuring yourself against? I honestly think you are doing yourself an injustice. Nobody would be expected to 'feel comfortable' after studying so short a time - I expect you to be sweating and exhausted. I guess you are at a stage where you know what to say, but by the time you have worked it out, the moment has passed and the conversation has moved on leaving you feeling inadequate. Am I near?
Yes! Absolutely! My husband keeps asking me to say stuff in Spanish and I know what I should be saying but just can't figure it out. I forget words. I forget simple words! My course work is what is saying I should be at that point. But I have only been honestly studying (via a course) for 5.5 months now. Is that a time frame that a person should be comfortable with all this new learning?

Última edición por ChicadeJeep fecha: January 13, 2010 a las 08:47 PM Razón: so I didn't have back to back posts
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo January 13, 2010, 10:15 PM
chileno chileno no está en línea
Diamond

Primera Lengua: Castellano
chileno is on a distinguished road
Cita:
Thank you chileno! I most definitely will take your advise.

Yes! Absolutely! My husband keeps asking me to say stuff in Spanish and I know what I should be saying but just can't figure it out. I forget words. I forget simple words! My course work is what is saying I should be at that point. But I have only been honestly studying (via a course) for 5.5 months now. Is that a time frame that a person should be comfortable with all this new learning?
Yes and no, really!

It depends on the practice, not only the amount of it but the type.

Transcribe a novel and at the end you will definitely will notice the difference, even if you do it in a month or less. But you have to dedicate your time to it.
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo January 14, 2010, 03:05 AM
Diamond

Cita:
But I have only been honestly studying (via a course) for 5.5 months now. Is that a time frame that a person should be comfortable with all this new learning?
I would say not - I would be very jealous of somebody who could claim that. I have been studying languages on and off for decades, and it takes me (literally) years before feeling 'comfortable'.

Edit: It also depends hugely on what level of competence makes you comfortable. A self-critical person has a hard life here.

Última edición por Perikles fecha: January 14, 2010 a las 03:07 AM
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo January 14, 2010, 10:43 AM
Diamond

Cita:
I would say not - I would be very jealous of somebody who could claim that. I have been studying languages on and off for decades, and it takes me (literally) years before feeling 'comfortable'.

Edit: It also depends hugely on what level of competence makes you comfortable. A self-critical person has a hard life here.
Take in account all she is saying is that she cannot make even small statements to tell her husband because she gets all knotted up.
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo January 14, 2010, 12:19 PM
Diamond

Cita:
Escrito originalmente por chileno Ver Mensaje
Take in account all she is saying is that she cannot make even small statements to tell her husband because she gets all knotted up.
.. I get the point. However, this may, or may not, involve the dynamics of a relationship. Dangerous territory.
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo January 14, 2010, 05:45 PM
Diamond

Cita:
.. I get the point. However, this may, or may not, involve the dynamics of a relationship. Dangerous territory.
Bruto!
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo January 15, 2010, 12:30 PM
ChicadeJeep ChicadeJeep no está en línea
Ruby

Primera Lengua: English
ChicadeJeep is on a distinguished road
Haha! You guys are funny.

No - saying simple things to my husband such as "would you like a glass of milk?" Etc.

You two make me laugh!!
I am a very self-critical person which does make it harder I imagine/suppose/guess.

I found the local library the other day and will be going to find a Spanish novel to transcribe as soon as I can! Perhaps they have movies as well.
Antiguo January 15, 2010, 01:39 PM
Diamond

Cita:
I am a very self-critical person which does make it harder I imagine/suppose/guess. .
Good - this means that you have a better chance of finishing up speaking excellent Spanish.

Cita:
I found the local library the other day and will be going to find a Spanish novel to transcribe as soon as I can! Perhaps they have movies as well.
This is a very good idea, but please be careful in your choice of book. Some are very heavy going, for example Gabriel García Márquez. If you see a book by Tracey Chevalier (especailly the Girl with the Pearl Earring) translated from English, try one of those to begin with - very nice but simple style.
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo January 15, 2010, 11:06 PM
Diamond

Cita:
Good - this means that you have a better chance of finishing up speaking excellent Spanish.

This is a very good idea, but please be careful in your choice of book. Some are very heavy going, for example Gabriel García Márquez. If you see a book by Tracey Chevalier (especailly the Girl with the Pearl Earring) translated from English, try one of those to begin with - very nice but simple style.
Remember that the proficiency in his/her own language plays a role too. So recommending book just like that, to your liking, it does not mean much, other than making it worse for the learner, could be way above her/his head or so easy that leave her/him wondering... in either case the person might end quitting the learning of a new language for "later" which translate to never again.

Última edición por chileno fecha: January 16, 2010 a las 05:38 PM Razón: adding after "learner"
Responder Con Cita
Respuesta

Etiquetas
subjunctive

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: 

Normas de Publicación