Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques

You can find here many great and free resources for Spanish learning

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Old May 22, 2016, 12:25 AM
Opal

Native Language: Polish
Voytek is on a distinguished road
You can find here many great and free resources for Spanish learning

Code:
http://www.tellittomewalking.com/60-useful-resources-to-learn-read-write-and-speak-spanish-right-now/

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old June 07, 2016, 03:44 AM
Pearl

Native Language: English
Aprendo is on a distinguished road
^ Gracias, will check it out.

I've been watching youtube every day / Estoy leyendo youtube todo los dias.
Old June 07, 2016, 05:16 PM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprendo View Post
Estoy leyendo viendo/mirando youtube todo los dias.
"Leer" is for only reading activities.

That's a good exercise, by the way. One learns to acquire some "feeling" for the foreign language.
Old June 13, 2016, 03:06 AM
Opal

If you want to massively improve your learning speed, you should carefully read this, guys:
Code:
http://tipsforlanguagelearning.tumblr.com/post/40081169302/the-rl-lr-learning-method
I`ve been using this method for 4 days and I`m amazed with my comprehension level improvement.

Now, I`m reading `The Little Prince` in my native language and simultaneosly I`m listening to Spanish audiobook. It`s an amazing adventure to learn language that way.

Just be patient and read it all (about this Polish method).

You can easily find Spanish audiobooks on youtube and download them in mp3 files by using this:
Code:
http://www.clipconverter.cc/
It`s only a matter of finding texts translated into your native language or into a language that you can understand without any problems. I`m using Polish texts because there are `some` words in English that I haven`t known yet.

Also you can change tempo of any soundtrack by using this application:
Code:
http://www.audacityteam.org/
And to save it in mp3 format, you need to install this application (it`s an addition for Audiacity):
Code:
http://lame.buanzo.org/#lamewindl
It`s easy, just spend some time to read this and make these simple steps to improve your Spanish easily.

Good luck, boys!

Last edited by Voytek; June 13, 2016 at 06:45 AM.
Old July 06, 2016, 11:58 PM
Opal

What do you think about using the Google Translate for translating pieces of informations from individualy picked articles (in target language, of course) and listening to their reading by using the sound option implemented in this online application? It works like L-R method and you have word to word translation.

Or maybe it`s better to search audio articles with approppriate text record and translate them by using this application...
Old July 07, 2016, 05:17 AM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Leave translation to humans that are skilled in translation. Leave speaking a language to humans, as well. Machine translation and reading are not accurate.

Find audio books/articles and listen to them, or watch movies, if you have no access to native speakers.
Old July 07, 2016, 07:41 AM
Obsidiana

As an automatic translator, Google is far better than Bing, which is lame in all languages; I have used Google translator for Swedish, German or Dutch into English, and it does a pretty decent job. It's normally full of flaws, but the main ideas can be understood quite easily. But, gosh, Spanish-to-English and English-to-Spanish are really terrible. Sometimes half of what has been written is lost and the "translation" is impossible to follow (same for French).

I personally prefer to have foreign languages translated into English, because Google seems to have set its attention there and programmers in other languages are not as good, but I definitely only recommend it for one or two difficult sentences, not whole webpages or as a reading alternative. As Rusty says, machines can't do a human's job and there are plenty of resources in practically every target language available online to learn and practice.
Old July 07, 2016, 08:41 PM
Opal

Of course, I only use it to get a gist of what I`m reading but I found a couple a weeks ago that Spanish is quite familiar to Polish at logical level because word order doesn`t affect sentences meaning. Besides, translation accuracy is very high. Anyway, could you suggest me some sources wher you can find Spanish audio with English text translations? I want to check it out and see, if it`s more useful for me than using `my method`.
Old July 07, 2016, 09:47 PM
Obsidiana

Sorry, I don't know if there are any because I have never looked for them. On principle, I never translate for learning, as that makes me clumsier in my target language; I prefer to make the efforts to think in the foreign language and that has been far more fruitful.

What I can recommend though, is this website, where you can read some news in Spanish and at the same time you can hear the same text read by people from Spain.
I have found this method --reading and listening to the same text-- quite helpful to improve my listening comprehension. I hope it works for you too.

Last edited by AngelicaDeAlquezar; July 08, 2016 at 09:50 AM.
Old July 08, 2016, 07:28 AM
Opal

AngelicaDeAlquezar

How can I start thinking in Spanish? I`ve heard that it`s the best way to learn languages but I don`t have a clue how to sart learning that way. I know a lot of Spanish grammar and the basic Spanish vocabulary.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: