Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Translations
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Necesito algun frases...

If you need help translating a sentence or longer piece of text, use this forum. For translations or definitions of a single word or idiom, use the vocabulary forum.

Old April 19, 2010, 12:08 AM
Opal

Native Language: English
Waior is on a distinguished road
Necesito algun frases...

Trabajo con un grupo de jovenes en Rosarito, Mexico. El ministerio es solamente en espanol pero obviamente tengo solamente poco conocimiento de idioma tuyas (quien puede corregir para mi ). Aqui son algun frases que necesitaré en espanol... gracias por su ayuda! Quiero hablar esos frases casualmente no roboticomente... very informal, if you can - I want to be able to relate to the youth I speak with on a peer-to-peer level. Mind you, tengo quince anos!

(addressing a group)

- We're going to wash our hands now! - o - Wash your hands!
- Fold up your chairs and put them against the wall.
- Give your attention to ______.
- We have the words to these songs on the projector screen - try and sing, I know you all have beautiful voices.

tambien si sabes colloquialismos mexicanos puedo usar con los jovenes, enlighten me. I am one of their leaders, but I struggle to communicate without idiomatic and colloquial nicknames or announcements.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old April 19, 2010, 10:30 AM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the forums, Waior.

I'm proposing a few corrections to your paragraph, but I don't see any terrible mistakes.
Btw, on top of the text box there is a dropdown menu with Spanish characters to insert accents and "ñ"'s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waior View Post
Trabajo con un grupo de jóvenes en Rosarito, México. El ministerio es solamente en español pero obviamente tengo solamente poco conocimiento de su idioma tuyas (¿quién puede corregirme? para mi ). Aqui son están algun algunas frases que necesitaré en español... ¡gracias por su ayuda! Quiero hablar esos esas frases casualmente, no robóticamente... very informal, if you can - I want to be able to relate to the youth I speak with on a peer-to-peer level. Mind you, ¡tengo quince años!

- We're going to wash our hands now! - o - Wash your hands!
- Ahora nos vamos a lavar las manos - o - ¡Lávense las manos!

- Fold up your chairs and put them against the wall.
- Doblen sus sillas y pónganlas contra la pared. / Doblen sus sillas y recárguenlas en la pared.

- Give your attention to ______.
- Pongan atención a _____.

- We have the words to these songs on the projector screen - try and sing, I know you all have beautiful voices.
- Tenemos la letra de estas canciones en la pantalla del proyector - traten de cantarlas, yo sé que todos tienen voces muy bonitas.

As for colloquialisms, if you tell the kind of sentences you'd like to learn, it would be easier to find examples.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: