Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Practice & Homework
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Oraciones

Practice Spanish or English here. All replies to a thread should be in the same language as the first post.

Old December 09, 2012, 05:51 PM
Opal

Native Language: Russian
Elman is on a distinguished road
Oraciones

¡Hola a todos¡*

Yo he trato traduccir las oraciónes mencionados abajo relacionadas con aeropuerto y si encontráis algúnos equiivocas, por favor corregirme. ¡Gracias de antemano!

( Just to make sure: I can use yo he trato y yo he intento. Yes? The meaning are the same, isn't it?)

Dejame empezar: ( Let me start)

1) Are you flying just to London-*

¿Usted volando solo a Londres?

¿Está volando justo a Londres?
Audio

¿Vuela usted sólo(justo) a Londres?

Which one is correct and more common to use?

2) Here is your invitation card to the business lounge.

Aquí está su tarjeta de invitación para el salón de negocios

Aquí está la tarjeta de invitación para el salón de negocios

Aquí está su tarjeta de invitación al salón comercial

Could I say Aquí tiene instead of aquí está. Yes?
Which is more common to say: el salón de negocios or el salon comercial?*
Para el salon or al salon?

3) Yes, I can give you boarding pass for your connection flight.

Sí, puedo darle la tarjeta de embarque para su vuelo de conexión

4) Well, we don't have that policy in place, yet, but we are going to have it soon.

Bueno, no tenemos esa política en su lugar, todavía, pero vamos a tenerlo pronto

Pues bien, nosotros no disponemos de esa política, todavía, pero vamos a tener que pronto.

Bien, no tenemos aquella política en el lugar, aún, pero vamos a tenerlo pronto

5) Would you like an aisle seat or window?

¿Le gustaría un asiento de pasillo o ventana?

¿Le gustaría que un asiento en el pasillo o ventana?

¿Quisiera usted un asiento de pasillo o ventana?

¡Gracias de antemano!

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old December 09, 2012, 07:00 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elman View Post
¡Hola a todos!

(Yo) he tratado de traducir las oraciones mencionadas abajo relacionadas con el aeropuerto y si encontráis algunas equiivocaciones, por favor corregidme. ¡Gracias de antemano!

( Just to make sure: I can use yo he tratado y yo he intentado. Right? The meaning is the same, isn't it? Yes.)

Dejadme empezar: ( Let me start)

¡Gracias de antemano!
I'll let someone else answer your questions. Here I'll explain some of the corrections I made above.

he tratado
This is the present perfect tense. It is a compound verb, meaning that it has two parts - a conjugated, present-tense form of the helping (auxiliary) verb 'haber', followed by the past participle form of the verb, in this case 'tratar'. The past participle of 'tratar', and other "-AR" verbs, is formed by dropping the '-ar' ending and adding '-ado'. You correctly conjugated the auxiliary verb ('he' is the first-person form of 'haber', in the present indicative tense). So, 'he tratado' means "I have tried" (in English, this is also a compound verb, formed from a conjugated helping verb and a past participle).
In English, we say the phrase "I have tried to translate." The Spanish verb 'tratar' is also followed by a preposition. It is 'de'. So, "He tratado de traducir" is how you say the same phrase in Spanish.

encontráis, corregidme, dejadme
You used the second-person plural present indicative form of the verb 'encontrar', but then you didn't use the second-person plural form of the imperative mood verbs 'corregir' and 'dejar'. You should be consistent. When you wrote 'corregirme', you left the verb in its infinitive form. When you wrote 'dejame' (correctly spelled with an accent mark - 'déjame'), you used the second-person singular form of the imperative mood.
Just so you can see the difference, the second-person singular conjugations that correspond to the verbs underscored above are:
encuentras, corrígeme, déjame

If you have questions about the other errors I corrected, please ask.

Last edited by Rusty; December 09, 2012 at 07:08 PM.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: