Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Culture
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

La Virgen de Guadalupe

Questions about culture and cultural differences between countries and languages.

Old December 12, 2008, 01:47 PM
Diamond

Native Language: English
Elaina will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up La Virgen de Guadalupe

La Virgen de Guadalupe

Today is a very important day in the lives of all people from Mexico. It commemorates the appearance of the Virgen de Guadalupe to San Juan Diego on the Hill of Tepeyac back in 1531.

To see the pilgrimages of people walking to the main Cathedral in Mexico City beginning on December 10th is amazing. Some people walk hundreds of miles, others drive, but when you get to the Cathedral, you can see literally thousands of people, on their knees, making penance or asking to be looked upon favorably by her.

La Virgen de Guadalupe is the mother of all Mexican people and they are very proud of this.

You don't have to be Catholic or Mexican to read this very interesting story of her apparition on wikipedia.

Old December 12, 2008, 05:35 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Yes, today is a day very important for us on our country, we the Mexican people loves to the Virgen de Guadalupe, last night in each church of the our country miles of people or millions of people gets to the cathedral from Mexico, they get to the cathedral since sundry places from Mexico, tonight the Mexican will go to the church more nearby to their home, and they chant her, she is our mother, VIVE THE VIRGEN DE GUADALUPE.
Old February 05, 2009, 08:45 PM
Ruby

Native Language: English, United States
ZeroTX is on a distinguished road
Someday I would love to be in Mexico City on this particular day to celebrate with the people there.

Here are some photos I took at the Shrine of our Lady of Guadalupe in Mexico City:

Old February 06, 2009, 12:56 AM
Ankh-Morpork's citizen

Native Language: Spanish (Spain)
sosia has a spectacular aura aboutsosia has a spectacular aura about
good pictures ZeroTX
Old February 06, 2009, 01:26 PM
Diamond

Here on my country is celebrate the Gudalupe's day at December 12 of each year, then if you wanna come to my country to the Guadalupe's bacilica, I guess you, you traveling since the day November 30 for you can arrive to time to the events showed on the Mexico city, it's very special for our the Mexicans, well, I don't know if you are a person very religious but, I believe that since that you are seeing the picture and you wish traveling to my country, then I believe, you believe in her, I don't know a person very religious besides, I have church near to my house but, I don't know my parents never they make me a culture to go to the church, but I believe in her and good too, well, I get out a little of the thread, but I recommend you, if you can coming soon to visit my country, you will take something very special of my country.
Old February 06, 2009, 02:29 PM
Ruby

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrOtALiTo View Post
Here on my country is celebrate the Gudalupe's day at December 12 of each year, then if you wanna come to my country to the Guadalupe's bacilica, I guess you, you traveling since the day November 30 for you can arrive to time to the events showed on the Mexico city, it's very special for our the Mexicans, well, I don't know if you are a person very religious but, I believe that since that you are seeing the picture and you wish traveling to my country, then I believe, you believe in her, I don't know a person very religious besides, I have church near to my house but, I don't know my parents never they make me a culture to go to the church, but I believe in her and good too, well, I get out a little of the thread, but I recommend you, if you can coming soon to visit my country, you will take something very special of my country.
Si tuviera la oportunidad de viajar allí durante esta epoca, yo lo haría! Pues, he estado en México y he visitado la basilica dos veces. Las fotos arriba son mias (yo las tomé con mi camera). También, soy católico y me encanta la virgen. Estoy de acuerdo que ella es muy importante y especial.

Pues, quiero regresar a D.F. pronto, pero no sé exactamente cuando. Quizas el proximo verano. Pero, para mi es dificil viajar durante deciembre. Trabajo de maestro y no es facil viajar en este mes. Pero, lo que es bueno es que Houston no esta muy lejos de D.F. Solo dos horas por avion!

Por favor corrige mis errores! Sé que hay muchos.

-ZeroTX

Last edited by ZeroTX; February 06, 2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old February 06, 2009, 02:37 PM
Ruby

Abajo hay más fotos. Si alguien quiere ver más, tengo MUCHAS de México Mandame una mensaje y voy a enviarte una conexión por todos.

Old February 06, 2009, 06:17 PM
Diamond

I will correct you, but only it's my attempt, if you have questions or doubts, please you don't hesitate to ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroTX View Post
Si tuviera la oportunidad de viajar allí durante esa epoca, yo lo haría! Pues, he estado en México y he visitado la basilica dos veces. Las fotos arriba son mias (yo las tomé con mi camara). También, soy católico y me encanta la virgen. Estoy de acuerdo que ella es muy importante y especial.

Pues, quiero regresar al D.F. pronto, pero no sé exactamente cuando. Quizas el proximo verano. Pero, para mi es dificil viajar durante deciembre. Trabajo de maestro y no es facil viajar en ese mes. Pero, lo que es bueno es que Houston no esta muy lejos del D.F. Solo dos horas por avion!

Por favor corrige mis errores! Sé que hay muchos.

No, I didn't find much mistakes yours, well, I had that corrected some mistakes but, I can catalogue you in a scale from 1 to 10, I can telling you, you have gotten an eight congratulation, good job.

-ZeroTX
Old February 07, 2009, 03:00 PM
Ruby

Gracias por tu ayuda Todavia tengo que estudiar por unos años el español
Old February 07, 2009, 03:34 PM
Davidísimo

Native Language: American English
Tomisimo will become famous soon enoughTomisimo will become famous soon enough
By the way, nice pictures! The ones of the angels are from behind the Basílica de Guadalupe right?

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: