Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Practice & Homework
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Tell what I have done this weekend in Spanish?

Practice Spanish or English here. All replies to a thread should be in the same language as the first post.

Old November 03, 2013, 06:26 AM
Opal

Enannen is on a distinguished road
Tell what I have done this weekend in Spanish?

My homework is to tell what me and a friend have done this weekend.
"¿Que habeis hecho esta semana?". The question itself doesn't say I need to include that I was with a friend at the time, but my teacher told me it was important. This is how far I got:

Mi amigo Alejandro y yo nos hemos divertido mucho. Hemos jogado al balancesto y tocado la guitarra.

She said I should include presens perfect as well as past tense.
It's not out of laziness I ask you, it's because I honestly can't write anything in spanish. I don't know why my teacher expect me to, when she knows I have problems with sentence structure. I'm terrible at spanish, and if you guys could give me some advise, it would mean the world to me!

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old November 03, 2013, 06:49 AM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enannen View Post
My homework is to tell what me and a friend have done this weekend.
"¿Que habeis hecho esta semana?". The question itself doesn't say I need to include that I was with a friend at the time, but my teacher told me it was important. (the question is directed at two or more individuals (vosotros = second person plural), so that is why your teacher wanted you to respond in plural (nosotros = first person plural).)

This is how far I got:

Mi amigo Alejandro y yo nos hemos divertido mucho. Hemos jogado al balancesto y tocado la guitarra.

She said I should include presens perfect as well as past tense. (You used the present perfect twice, but haven't written anything yet using the past tense.)
It's not out of laziness I ask you, it's because I honestly can't write anything in spanish. I don't know why my teacher expect() me to, when she knows I have problems with sentence structure. I'm terrible at spanish, and if you guys could give me some advise, it would mean the world to me!
Welcome to the forums!

You've done a pretty good job with the two sentences you wrote. I've marked things that need to be fixed in red. There's an "Accents" drop-down menu just above where you type so that you can include special characters that are necessary when typing in Spanish.

If it helps you any, our site shows verb conjugations. In the upper left-hand corner of every page there's a Search bar. If you change the type of search from Dictionary to Conjugations, and enter an infinitive (unconjugated verb), it will give you the entire verb chart for that infinitive. That way you'll be able to think up a sentence that includes a past tense verb.
Old November 03, 2013, 08:03 AM
Opal

Enannen is on a distinguished road
I really appreciate the responds! But one of my main problems is that I have no idea how to write anything in past tense. If you could give me some examples, or at least a little guidance, that would make me very happy! I feel very limited to the "hemos (verb)" formula and I feel like the text will be very monotonous that way. Is there some other way I can formulate my sentences to put in some variations?
Excuse my english too, it wasn't my first language as you probably can tell
Old November 03, 2013, 08:34 AM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Do you recognize the present perfect tense as having an auxiliary verb (haber) plus a past participle, like 'tocado'? That isn't a past tense. The past tense, and there are two of them, isn't a compound form (no auxiliary verb involved).

Did you try the Conjugations tip I gave you?

Try 'dar'. This is the infinitive 'to give'.

In the present tense section, you will see things like:
doy (I give)
das (you give)
damos (we give)

In the preterit tense, one of the past tenses, you'll see things like:
di (I gave)
diste (you gave)
damos (we gave)

In the imperfect tense, the other past tense, you'll see things like:
daba (I was giving)
dabas (you were giving)
dábamos (we were giving)

If you look at the compound conjugations (those with the auxilary verb haber + past participle) you will see things like:
he dado (I have given)
has dado (you have given)
hemos dado (we have given)

hubo dado (I had given)
hubiste dado (you had given)
hubimos dado (we had given)

había dado (I had given)
habías dado (you had given)
habíamos dado (we had given)

Given just the preterit or the imperfect tenses above, you could easily state that you gave or was giving something to your friend.

If you are responding in the plural first person, you are inevitably forced to use the conjugations that fit that person alone. In other words, you'll use 'hemos + -ado,-ido' a lot if you're describing something that happened in the past relative to the present.
If you switch to the other past tenses I described, you'll at least have a little variety.

Tags
activities, friend, homework, preteritum, weekend

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: