Old March 22, 2014, 04:14 PM
Opal

Sherri is on a distinguished road
Hi everybody,

Today is my first day here. I just joined this afternoon. I live in California and have been attempting to learn Spanish for a bit under a year now. I love the language, the culture, and the people. I see that it is a long journey but one of immense pleasure. I am happy to have found this forum.

Saludos a todos,
Sherri

ps: I don't have a clue about how to get around here, i.e., find threads, etc. Are there instructions somewhere?

Last edited by AngelicaDeAlquezar; March 22, 2014 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old March 22, 2014, 06:33 PM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
Hello Sherri, you can take a look at the Help pages and the Forum Rules, or ask moderators.
Old March 22, 2014, 06:51 PM
Sapphire

Native Language: US English
wrholt is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the forums, and to the site!

The best place to look for information about technical issues regarding how to us the forum is in the Technical Things forum.

If you click on "Forums", you will see the list of all of the forums on the site. To see the list of threads in an individual forum, open that forum by clicking the forum's title. To see all of the threads that have message that you have never read before in one list, click "New Posts" in the menu banner across the top of the list of forums.

To find specific threads quickly, you can try typing one or more keywords in the "Search" text box at the top of every page in the site, then select "Forums" as the search area, then click the search button (the one with the magnifying-glass icon).
Old March 22, 2014, 06:51 PM
Emerald

Native Language: inglés y español).
Villa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
Hi everybody,

Today is my first day here. I just joined this afternoon. I live in California and have been attempting to learn Spanish for a bit under a year now. I love the language, the culture, and the people. I see that it is a long journey but one of immense pleasure. I am happy to have found this forum.

Saludos a todos,
Sherri

ps: I don't have a clue about how to get around here, i.e., find threads, etc. Are there instructions somewhere?
Hola/Hello Sherri. Mi llamo Villa/My name is Villa. Mucho gusto/Nice to meet you. I live in California also.
Bienvenida/Welcome to our fabuloso Spanish forum.
All you need is "ganas" to learn Spanish. If you do not have "ganas" we
will give you "ganas." ganas=desire; really wanting to do something

Veo que se trata de un viaje largo, pero uno de inmenso placer.=I see that it is a
long journey but one of immense pleasure. Sounds good in English and even better in Spanish.

¿En qué ciudad vives? Yo vivo en Corona, California. Not Corona Del Mar. I wish I lived in Corona Del Mar!
Have you ever been to Corona Del Mar, Sherri? It's really bonita/bella. I like the beach and the tide
pools there. Balboa island and Newport beach are right next door to Corona Del Mar.

Last edited by Villa; March 22, 2014 at 07:24 PM.
Old March 22, 2014, 08:07 PM
Opal

Sherri is on a distinguished road
Si, tengo ganas de aprender español. It's nice to know that someone else lives in California, too. And yes, I have been to Corona del Mar, Balboa, and Newport Beach and very much like those places.
Thank you for your welcome.

Thank you, Angelica and wrholt for the advice about getting around the forum. I suppose it will take some time, but eventually I'll catch on.

Sherri

Last edited by Rusty; March 22, 2014 at 08:36 PM. Reason: merged back-to-back posts

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: