Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Practice & Homework

Muestre y Explique

Practice Spanish or English here. All replies to a thread should be in the same language as the first post.

Old November 22, 2009, 05:47 PM

Native Language: English, Chinese
Jessica is on a distinguished road
Question Muestre y Explique

For Spanish class we are doing 'Show and Tell' on Tuesday

Okay, I'm bringing in a dollhouse, and I need to write 10 sentences about it. We're using the imperfect tense.

Here's what I have so far (in English). I just need 3 more sentences

When I was little I liked to play with the dollhouse. I received it for my birthday. There were two dolls, a girl and a boy. Usually I don’t play with the dolls but I liked placing the mini furniture inside the house. Sometimes, my little brother plays along with me, but it wasn’t very often. Most of the time I played alone. Sometimes I borrow some of my little brother's cars and use them with the house.

Cuando yo era pequeño me gustaba jugar con las muñecas. Que recibido por mi cumpleaños. Había dos muñecas, una niña y un niño. Normalmente no juego con las muñecas, pero me gustaba poner de los muebles dentro pequeños de la casa. A veces, mi hermano pequeño juega conmigo, pero no era muy a menudo. La mayoría del tiempo he jugaba solo. A veces tomo prestado algunos de los coches de mi hermano pequeño y usarlos con la casa.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old November 22, 2009, 06:13 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
How do you (a girl) say 'when I was little/when I was a little girl'?
How do you say 'dollhouse'? Your first sentence doesn't contain it.

The second sentence doesn't say 'I received it'. The verb won't be in the imperfect tense, because it had a start and an end in the past. The direct object pronoun (it) needs to agree in gender with the 'dollhouse'.
Be careful to use the right word for 'for'. The last word is plural, so make sure the possessive adjective agrees in number.

You have the right words in your fourth sentence, but they're jumbled.
poner de los muebles dentro pequeños de la casa
poner los muebles pequeños dentro de la casa

The words 'he jugaba', in the second-to-last sentence, aren't correct. Can you see that the verb is a mix of the perfect and the imperfect tense? You'll also need to include the subject pronoun in that sentence so we know it's you, instead of your brother, who played alone. Make sure 'alone' agrees in gender with the subject.

In the last sentence, 'usarlos' is not quite right. It needs to be conjugated.

Last edited by Rusty; November 22, 2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old November 23, 2009, 06:19 AM

Native Language: English, Chinese
Jessica is on a distinguished road
oh boy. Thanks. I'll have them corrected and hopefully it'll be perfect and I'll have them memorized

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: