Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 11, 2008, 02:47 PM
poli's Avatar
poli poli is offline
rule 1: gravity
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In and around New York
Posts: 7,423
Native Language: English
poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough

I have always known the tilde to be the squiggle over the N forming the Ñ.
Now, I have noted that the tilde is a word for the accent mark. Is that a correct usage. What's the word for the mark over the N?
Reply With Quote

Bookmark this thread at:

accent, accent mark, eñe, tilde


Link to this thread
HTML Link: 
BB Code: 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Site Rules

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
la tilde en solo (sólo) sosia Grammar 9 May 18, 2008 01:29 AM

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:11 AM.

Forum powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.