Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Culture
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

LGBT in Latin America or Spain

Questions about culture and cultural differences between countries and languages.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 30, 2014, 01:04 PM
Opal

Native Language: English
LFD1988 is on a distinguished road
LGBT in Latin America or Spain

I'm just curious what LGBT life is like for people living in Spanish-speaking countries. In comparison to other countries where it's becoming more progressive, is it better or worse? I know several of these countries have allowed same-sex couples to marry or engage in domestic partnerships, but I'm more curious about the LGBT experience from a social perspective, rather than political.

For those of you who live in a Spanish-speaking country, I would like to hear some of your stories, whether you are LGBT yourself or if you know anyone who identifies as LGBT.

The reason I am asking about this topic is that I am a gay man and I'm very interested in sexual and gender identity and how different this may look through other cultural lenses. I'd be grateful for any information that you all can give me. Thanks in advance!

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: