Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Other Languages > Other Languages
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

What is the Easiest Language to Learn?

Being the language lovers that we are... A place to talk about, or write in languages other than Spanish and English.

Closed Thread

Old August 14, 2013, 12:58 PM
rule 1: gravity

Native Language: English
poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough
Grammar in any language will give you a headache, but it will help you communicate better in your own language. If you learn it well and apply what you learn to how you speak and write, you will sound smart. In fact, using grammar well may be a sign of intelligence. Grammar knowlege is even more important to know when you learn a second language.

Simple English is easy to learn. Most verbs are regular, and the pronoun lets you know the person. If you dig deeper, it becomes increasingly difficult.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old August 14, 2013, 01:33 PM
Pearl

Native Language: German, Serbian & Albanian
Premium is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by difinturGM View Post
With all the slang terms and differences in the English language I would argue that it would be one of the most difficult for a foreigner. I mean the grammar itself will give you a headache.
English is my first foreign language that I've learned. I didn't find it difficult, of course every beginning is hard but it's much easier than Spanish for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poli View Post
Simple English is easy to learn. Most verbs are regular, and the pronoun lets you know the person. If you dig deeper, it becomes increasingly difficult.
The amount of vocabulary drives me nuts.
Old August 14, 2013, 10:43 PM
Emerald

Native Language: inglés y español).
Villa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbestic View Post
1) Spanish: It is one of the romance languages, covering 22 countries with a minimum of four hundred million speakers worldwide. By many standards, it is very easy to learn as the vocabulary is simple and straightforward. It is also easy to write, as it is entirely based on phonetics, meaning that words are written exactly as they are pronounced. It is as popular as the English language.

2) English: It is admittedly a very easy language, spoken by millions of people worldwide. The fact that it is readily available everywhere you go has helped in making it one of the most sought after languages. There are at least 600 million people who speak English as a first language and many more who speak it as a second language. It has generally straightforward and forgiving syntax, although phonemes may be difficult to master, creating some spelling speaking and spelling difficulty.

3) French: You really don’t have to live in France to speak French, as there are many countries that use French as a first language. If you are one who travels a lot, this is a language worth learning. At least seventy five million people speak French natively, and an additional fifty million who use it in communicating.

I want to hear your toughs. What are 3 easiest language to learn in your opinion?

Spanish is much easier to spell than say Russian or Japanese because Spanish uses the familiar Roman alphabet. The fact that a language like Russian uses an unfamiliar alphabet causes the average language-learner to place it automatically in the category of a difficult language. Perhaps Russian is really more difficult for English speakers to learn than Spanish, but this writing difference is only a superficial and temporary obstacle, having little to do with the real difficulties.
Old August 15, 2013, 11:36 AM
Pearl

Native Language: American English
Awaken is on a distinguished road
I would think simple English would be the easiest. Easier conjugation of verbs, no gender, etc... However, English is VERY nuanced with tons of words that all mean similar things with slight tweaks.

I personally find Spanish easier than French, so I would vote Spanish as the 2nd. I actually found Italian to not be too bad either, but still found Spanish as the easiest of the 3, but I was biased since French and Italian came later in life.
Old August 16, 2013, 06:07 PM
Opal

Native Language: German
Judith is on a distinguished road
1. German
It's great you don't even have to think about it.
2. Italian
I had classes before in Latin, Spanish and French, thus it's like learning the differences rather than the actual language. But nevertheless to understand so much so quickly is just rewarding and encouraging.
3. Latin
No talking involved. Purely textual work. Loved it!

The most difficult language of all (my limited) times is Portuguese.
While travelling through the vast echoes of its authors from around the world, its pronunciation is killing me. I don't understand a word been said and my tongue is incapable of producing any.
Old August 16, 2013, 09:38 PM
Emerald

Native Language: inglés y español).
Villa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken View Post
I would think simple English would be the easiest. Easier conjugation of verbs, no gender, etc... However, English is VERY nuanced with tons of words that all mean similar things with slight tweaks.

I personally find Spanish easier than French, so I would vote Spanish as the 2nd. I actually found Italian to not be too bad either, but still found Spanish as the easiest of the 3, but I was biased since French and Italian came later in life.
Spanish has less complicated grammar than Italian.
Spanish for just one example has only two contractions
al and del. a+el=al, de+el=del.

Now look at all the contractions in Italian.

il lo l' la i gli le

a
at, to al allo all' alla ai agli alle

da
from, by dal dallo dall' dalla dai dagli dalle

di
of del dello dell' della dei degli delle

in in nel nello nell' nella nei negli nelle

su
on sul sullo sull' sulla sui sugli sulle

con with col collo coll' colla coi cogli colle

Note: The only contractions for con that are still used nowadays are col and coi. But even these contractions are optional.

Last edited by Villa; August 16, 2013 at 09:53 PM.
Old August 29, 2013, 06:11 AM
Pearl

tetsuo is on a distinguished road
Depends on the language you know (mother tongue) and those who are in use - foreign languages - you know.

If you know English very well you should find languages with the same roots as English. Or very high similarity in words like Spanish. Possible, posible, impossible, imposible,... From that you can start learning every romanic language you'd like because they are similarities in French, Portuguese (Brazilian and Portugal), Italian, Romanic, Latinamerican Spanish. If you're German and know English you could start with Dutch (both languages influenced the Dutch language), but also start learning Romanic languages as well.

I am just curious and I really don't know if I'll ever manage to learn all the language but I'd like to learn (at least the basic) with maybe a A2 level (European framework for languages) in:
Spanish / latinamerican, too
Portuguese / Brazilian
French
Italian

Just for the fun of it and to keep my brain working I'd like to check in at:
Polish
Russian
Japanese (I already checked but it was weird... a weird and hard time for me, too... will check later again...)

For people with good English knowledge I'd recommend the app Duolingo, which is completely free and awesome. You can learn German, Spanish, French, Italian,... more languages are coming sooner or later.
Old August 30, 2013, 01:31 AM
Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo View Post
Just for the fun of it and to keep my brain working I'd like to check in at:
Japanese (I already checked but it was weird... a weird and hard time for me, too... will check later again...)
http://www.enemieslist.net/japanese/

Old August 30, 2013, 02:23 AM
Pearl

tetsuo is on a distinguished road
Haha, awesome, but wrong.
With the right technique every language could be easier to learn. Which means not easy at all, but easier than with the wrong techniques. ;-) Get the right technique attached to your brain, then be ready to learn. :-D
Old August 30, 2013, 04:49 AM
Pearl

German humour?
It's a satire and therefore not to be taken seriously. Of course some or more things are not true but that's not the meaning of this.
To be honest I don't believe there's the "best" technique to learn a language. You just have to look for the technique that works best for you.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: