Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Pen Pals on MeGlobe.com

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Old October 07, 2009, 10:13 AM
Opal

Native Language: American English
Zizek is on a distinguished road
Pen Pals on MeGlobe.com

Hello everyone!

I started learning Spanish about 18 months ago, but I have not studied in the past six months. I really want to learn and I would like to start again with chat.

I joined MeGlobe.com (it's free and you don't have to download anything unless you want to), but it's difficult to meet people. The best part is MeGlobe has live translation while you chat, so it would take the pressure off as far as my concerns that I don't know enough to carry on a conversation.

Is anyone interested in giving it a try?

Thanks for reading and I look forward to making some new friends!

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old October 07, 2009, 10:25 AM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
I'm interesting in your chat, I think that it would takes enough for practice the language, but in my case, I'd like to practice English, I can answer you in Spanish and you in English, if you want, but well I'll join to the website as fast as be possible.
Old October 07, 2009, 10:35 AM
Opal

Wonderful! The best part about the chat is that if I write in English it will translate it to Spanish and I can see how it should look in Spanish, so even if I'm nervous about attempting Spanish I am still learning and getting comfortable.

We'll have to arrange a time to meet. It's 12:30 my time right now, what time is usually good for you?
Old October 07, 2009, 04:39 PM
Diamond

Well just only I can during the mornings, because when I arrive to my house I don't turn on the laptop anymore, because well as I'm informatics really all day am in the computer and arriving to my house is time to rest.

But anyhow I can during the morning if you can it's 11:00 A.M that it's my time just, I'll can chat with you.

I'm not nervous on the contrary I'm excite with the notice, furthermore I believe that if you can learn the language as fast you can do it, then I believe that a maxim around to four months you will be able to understand the language easier.

I have comment.

Today I tried to join to the website that you told me and well just I can't join to the website it shows me a error to the charge the website, in the part where is the brand or logo of the website doesn't shows it.

I need your help then

Last edited by CrOtALiTo; October 07, 2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old October 08, 2009, 08:19 AM
Opal

I could meet with you in the mornings on Saturday and Sunday, but not during the week because I am at work then. I can understand not wanting to get on the computer in the evening after work, I work on a computer all day, too.

I'm at work now and they block the MeGlobe website, so I can't see what's wrong with it. I'll take a look at it tonight and then if you're around on Saturday I can help you get set up. I can't wait!
Old October 08, 2009, 10:35 AM
Diamond

Really I don't understand the motive about the block in the website, look I'm work all day with the computer, but occasionally I can't chat with anyone, because I've to give support to the users from company, I'm IT you remember that, moreover I don't believe see you in the morning during the week already that, I'm not frequently in the computer and specially in internet. Therefore I believe good idea the Saturdays and the Sundays too, even though I'm not always online each weekend.
Old October 09, 2009, 05:42 PM
Opal

It looks like MeGlobe is having serious problems. I can't get into the website at all. It was fine the week before last, so hopefully it will be up and running soon. I will keep checking it and I will let you know as soon as I can get in. I was really looking forward to chatting
Old October 09, 2009, 07:30 PM
Ruby

Ferlas is on a distinguished road
También con yo, no puedo accesarlo.
Old October 09, 2009, 07:46 PM
Diamond

Yes I also can't access to the website in fact never I couldn't enter there
Old October 12, 2009, 12:56 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Inglés