Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Grammar
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Sanción que pudiera corresponderle

This is the place for questions about conjugations, verb tenses, adverbs, adjectives, word order, syntax and other grammar questions for English or Spanish.

Old July 07, 2011, 02:06 PM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjt33 View Post
The verb is "to pawn", and the company is a "pawn shop" (although I think that usually connotes security like jewels rather than cars).
Thank you, I was looking for this term to make the comparison.
A pawn shop just lends the money and after the bill expires, one must pay the whole amount they lent at once.
However, in this specific case, I was rather thinking about a company of "fianzas" (they specialize in paying bails and fines)... they pay the amount themselves and you repay them, little by little. Most of them ask for this guarantee, and some just make you sign a contract.

@Perikles: I know a little about such "bureaucrazy"... but there must be some governmental office where you can have this kind of information...

Last edited by AngelicaDeAlquezar; July 07, 2011 at 02:09 PM.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old July 07, 2011, 02:30 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Inglés
Perikles is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicaDeAlquezar View Post
@Perikles: I know a little about such "bureaucrazy"... but there must be some governmental office where you can have this kind of information...
The problem is that the fine is imposed because of the application of a new law, and nobody quite knows how to deal with it. Governmental offices are terrible at giving information, and there are very few people available to help. He will have to hire a lawyer, it is that simple.
Old July 07, 2011, 02:38 PM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
Oh my... well, hopefully he can find the best solution for him. Good luck again.
Old July 07, 2011, 02:39 PM
Emerald

Luna Azul is on a distinguished road
OMG!! what did your friend do??. Don't tell me..

If I were to receive one of those notices my first reaction would be that the amount of the fine is still indeterminate. So I would appeal, if for no other reason, to clarify the intended amount of the fine.

But it seems to me your friend is in real trouble.

Old July 08, 2011, 02:15 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Inglés
Perikles is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Azul View Post
OMG!! what did your friend do??. Don't tell me.. ...But it seems to me your friend is in real trouble.
It's no secret. Here in Tenerife you have housing complexes of two types: A touristic complex where there is a licence to let out your apartment for holiday makers, and a residential complex, where you are not allowed to do this. For the last ten years, people have been ignoring this and buying apartments on residential complexes and letting them out to generate money to pay their mortgages. The Canarian government has taken no action, until now, when suddenly they have decided to stop it. There must be thousands of residential owners who do this, and almost everybody has ignored warnings and assumed the government would be as incompetent as usual and fail to do anything. This time they are all wrong. This time, the government inspectors have examined internet websites where people have been advertising their property for holiday letting, so it was very easy to catch them. Even the advertising is illegal, and people are still doing it. The general opinion is that it is economic suicide for the government (further collapse of housing market etc.) but they are just too stupid to see it.
Old July 08, 2011, 05:20 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Español
irmamar is on a distinguished road
Which institution sent the fine? Was it AEAT? Is it from the state government, from the regional government or a local (town) fine?

Your friend could go to the "Oficina del Consumidor" (in the town hall), just to ask, I don't think they can help him, but they might explain it better.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: