Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Grammar
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Value

This is the place for questions about conjugations, verb tenses, adverbs, adjectives, word order, syntax and other grammar questions for English or Spanish.

Old March 20, 2015, 03:46 AM
Emerald

Xinfu is on a distinguished road
Value

Are my sentences correct? (in using the word value)

-At the pantry there is a black box installed into the wall. You can insert the card to it and choose what room you want to add value to in order to use the air-conditioner in your room. 11 o'clock is the time I usually go out for lunch. If there is still value on the air-conditioner, I will turn it on to dry up the room before going out; if there is not, I will use my card to add value. Sometimes even when the air-conditioner is on, the services of the fan are still needed.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old March 20, 2015, 07:19 AM
rule 1: gravity

Native Language: English
poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinfu View Post
Are my sentences correct? (in using the word value)

-At the pantry there is a black box installed into the wall. You can insert the card to it and choose what room you want to add value to in order to use the air-conditioner in your room. 11 o'clock is the time I usually go out for lunch. If there is still value on the air-conditioner, I will turn it on to dry up the room before going out; if there is not, I will use my card to add value. Sometimes even when the air-conditioner is on, the services of the fan are still needed.
In the pantry there's a black box installed in the wall. You can insert a debit card in it and select (choose is OK too) which room you wish you wish to be air-conditioned.

Eleven (when a number is the first word in a sentence, it should be spelled) o'clock is the time I usually go out for lunch. If I haven't used up all time allotted by my card, I will turn the air conditioner on to dry up (or dehumidify) the room before going out; if there is not, I will use my card to add more value (or to reactivate the air conditioner). Sometimes, even when the air conditioner is on, I still need to use the fan to cool the room.

(Usually your add value to a card in order to activate a devise)

Last edited by poli; March 20, 2015 at 07:21 AM.
Old March 20, 2015, 11:43 AM
Emerald

Thank you. Referring to the same situation, can I say these?

-The charge for air-conditioning service is one dollar per hour. Once you turn the switch on, it will start to deduct money from your room. If you turn off the switch, it will stop deducting money, and the remaining time can still be used in the future, however long after it might be.
Old March 20, 2015, 12:09 PM
rule 1: gravity

Native Language: English
poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinfu View Post
Thank you. Referring to the same situation, can I say these?

-The charge for air-conditioning service is one dollar per hour. Once you turn the switch on, it will start to deduct money (from your room---no need for those three words. Either leave it out or use something like : from your tab.) If you turn off the switch, it will stop deducting money, and the remaining time can still be used in the future, however long after it might be.
Very good
Old March 20, 2015, 08:37 PM
Emerald

Thank you.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: