Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Translations


Corrida de toros

 

If you need help translating a sentence or longer piece of text, use this forum. For translations or definitions of a single word or idiom, use the vocabulary forum.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old June 10, 2009, 08:54 PM
raji raji is offline
Ruby
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: India
Posts: 95
Native Language: Hindi,Tamil and English
raji is on a distinguished road
Yeah you are right, cows are considered sacred in India.
But cows are not involved in this sport but bulls, cows are genarally calm i guess

Can I use "perder" which means to lose instead of brincar.
I want to say "How can I "miss" Indian bull fight..."


Quote:
Originally Posted by irmamar View Post
I've seen your article, but I don't understand why you start with "brincar" . Brincar means to jump.

I wander, like Poli, about the sacred caws in India. Maybe the sacred ones are the caws, aren't they.

Poli, in Pamplona, "los mozos" run before the bulls, but later they go to the "plaza de toros" to be fighted (toreado) and killed after great sufferings.
Reply With Quote
   
Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
  #22  
Old June 11, 2009, 10:46 AM
poli's Avatar
poli poli is offline
rule 1: gravity
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In and around New York
Posts: 7,663
Native Language: English
poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambarina View Post
Se aconseja ropa informal/de sport.

Si vas a la fiesta del vino, mejor que sea de color morado.
Si vas a la Tomatina, mejor que sea de color rojo.
Si vas a la fiesta del agua, lo mejor es un bañador.
Ambarina
Thank you a lot for the alternate way of saying this. (as well as the
straight-forward way.)
Raji,
I think you could say echo de menos la corrida de toros or extraño mucho la corrida de toros
__________________
Me ayuda si corrige mis errores. Gracias.

Last edited by poli; June 11, 2009 at 10:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old June 14, 2009, 06:18 PM
Ambarina's Avatar
Ambarina Ambarina is offline
Emerald
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: 43º 12' 0 N 4º 49' 0 W
Posts: 837
Native Language: Español
Ambarina is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by raji View Post
Yeah you are right, cows are considered sacred in India.
But cows are not involved in this sport but bulls, cows are genarally calm i guess

Can I use "perder" which means to lose instead of brincar.
I want to say "How can I "miss" Indian bull fight..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by poli View Post
Ambarina
Thank you a lot for the alternate way of saying this. (as well as the
straight-forward way.)
Raji,
I think you could say echo de menos la corrida de toros or extraño mucho la corrida de toros
@Raji's:
How can I miss Indian bullfight...? would be ¿Cómo me puedo perder.....?

@Poli: "Echar de menos" and "extrañar" are also "to miss" but in the sense of longing/wanting to see someone again, as in "I miss you dearly" = Te extraño tanto or Te echo tanto de menos.
__________________
"Desiderata" - ...be gentle with yourself.You are a child of this universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
...sé amable contigo mismo. Eres una criatura de este universo al igual que los árboles y las estrellas; tienes derecho a estar aquí.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old June 14, 2009, 09:12 PM
poli's Avatar
poli poli is offline
rule 1: gravity
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In and around New York
Posts: 7,663
Native Language: English
poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambarina View Post
@Raji's:
How can I miss Indian bullfight...? would be ¿Cómo me puedo perder.....?

@Poli: "Echar de menos" and "extrañar" are also "to miss" but in the sense of longing/wanting to see someone again, as in "I miss you dearly" = Te extraño tanto or Te echo tanto de menos.
Of course you are right. I misunderstood Rajis statement. I thought Raji añoraba la corrida toros
__________________
Me ayuda si corrige mis errores. Gracias.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bullfight, corrida de toros, cows, india, la india, taurino, toreo

 

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Site Rules


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:08 PM.

Forum powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

X