Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques

Spanish Audio Books?

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Old September 13, 2012, 03:49 PM
Opal

zoiberg137 is on a distinguished road
Spanish Audio Books?

I am currently taking spanish courses in college and thought that it would be helpful if I could listen to the language on a daily basis, say while driving in the car, and thought that audio books would be perfect for this. I am not interested in spanish lessons on cd or tape, I already have software that goes along with my class. I am simply looking for audio books spoken in spanish.

I thought that kids books might be good, since they utilize introductory vocabulary and phrases for the most part. Also, it would be fun if I am familiar with the story.

Question is, where can I find such a thing?? I was hoping to find popular titles like goosebumps,boxcarchildren, or stephen king audio books in spanish just to name a few examples, but i can not seem to find ANY on ebay or amazon or just by doing a regular google search. Everything is in english, and the audibooks that are in spanish are not familar/popular titles to me.

Any Recommendations/ideas?

Thanks!!

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old September 13, 2012, 05:08 PM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
Check audible.com.
This is an Amazon service and they seem to have quite a few audiobooks in Spanish. (Set in "advanced search" the language and browse through authors or keywords.)
Old September 15, 2012, 01:33 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Spanish (Castilian, peninsular)
JPablo is on a distinguished road
First title that came to mind is the first book of the Harry Potter series. Great voice talent, in Peninsular Spanish... (Ediciones Salamandra)

Alfaguara Audio has titles like "Como Agua para Chocolate" and many other titles... although these are in cassettes... (an obsolete medium... but I still have several of these...)

Alfaguara Audio has also titles in CD, by Mario Benedetti... but I don't know if there are other formats (MP3, MP4 or whatever...)

You can also search "cuentos infantiles en español" and see what you come up...
http://www.pronto.com/user/search.do...=true&owl=true

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: