Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Listening

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Old September 26, 2010, 04:59 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Spanish (Castilian, peninsular)
JPablo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by irmamar View Post
Thanks, Pablo. You're welcome.

And well, I don't like that stories about wizards and such things. I prefer another themes. I find mistery stories interesting, for instance. But I can't find interesting H.P. stories (these initials remind me H. P. Lovecraft, who I like much more).
I read some Lovecraft long ago... and I remember it as a good author... although... I don't remember which book I read... probably just short stories... like with Poe, what an unbelievable creator...
I like Harry Potter (I've only read 2 or 3 of his books, and some of them listened to in Spanish and in English, which is a good exercise in itself... I believe the first one.) The first time I read Harry Potter, I think I listened to the Audio Castilian version, and with such a good performer 'reading' the book, I fell in love with the story, not one of "wizards" but one of "good and evil" one of honesty and "reality". Then I listened to the Jim Dale versions (I believe a couple of them) and he is a total master...

I think I must have heard all the Dan Brown books, all of them in audio, and the performers are usually very good, Poe is one of the best. (Another current Poe, not Edgar, but an actor.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perikles View Post
A little more difficult than Geronimo Stilton
Never heard of Geronimo, but I see in Wikipedia the original is in Italian... I will check the Italian versions... and then the English...

Quote:
I agree. But let me find a video with an accent that I know and you guess...
I may be missing the... how you call it...? "internal joke"? Ah, no, it's "inside joke"... (not outside.)

At any rate, I could only listen to the Gaugin video, and it sounds really good... Very interesting and easy to follow...

I like when he says, "...be an impressionist to the bitter end" and the interesting fact that he got 92 Francs... How was that in his day? Something like $1,000 nowadays... taking into account the inflation and these mundane things?

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old September 27, 2010, 01:48 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Español
irmamar is on a distinguished road
Geronimo is a mutual () friend from Perikle's and mine. (un amigo en común, I'm not sure the correct word here)
Old September 27, 2010, 02:22 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Inglés
Perikles is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Geronimo is a mutual () friend from Perikle's and mine. (un amigo en común, I'm not sure the correct word here)
G (of J) is Perikles' and my mutual friend.
Old September 27, 2010, 03:36 AM
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perikles View Post
G (of J) is Perikles' and my mutual friend.
Thanks. G/J is our mutual friend or one of our mutual friends'
Old September 28, 2010, 08:55 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No, lo que he estudiado en inglés no es un filtro para entender, al contrario. Me refiero a que tengo filtros en el sentido de que tengo muchas cosas en la cabeza y poco tiempo para dedicarme a lo que realmente quiero. Y bueno, lo del tiempo pues también se aplica a lo último. Pero claro, es muy diferente. Internet te abre muchas puertas (aunque también cierra algunas ).

Crotalito, I think a video in Youtube is more interesting than news from CNN. So, attention plays an important role.
Yes Irmamar

I have the same kind of true sometimes, because when someone hasn't time for the that really you want it, the learning result very hard, in thus case is the same for me, because all the day I am in the computer, but it's for business motive, and I can't practice as really I want to do it.

In fact, I can't give me time for go to the cinema and I enjoy the new films present in my city.
Old September 29, 2010, 12:17 PM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thanks Lou Ann for your advice, but I can't put up with Harry Potter. Once I tried to read a book in Spanish and I couldn't go on after the fifth page
De acuerdísimo. Es más que elemental.

Quote:
I find mistery stories interesting, for instance. But I can't find interesting H.P. stories (these initials remind me H. P. Lovecraft, who I like much more).
I also think Lovecraft's work is interesting, but I find his stories either amazing or extremely boring. The good ones are more than the bad ones though.

This historical document might be a good exercise for listening... It's The War of the Worlds (by H. G. Wells), as adapted by Orson Welles, and which caused hysteria in the people who heard it, thinking the Earth was actually being invaded by aliens from outer space.

Last edited by AngelicaDeAlquezar; September 29, 2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old October 07, 2010, 08:29 PM
Diamond

Orson Wells is excellent...

I listened this one few months ago... (Moby Dick)

Old October 08, 2010, 08:05 AM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
¡Qué admirable era ese señor!

@Pablo: Gracias
Old October 08, 2010, 12:07 PM
Diamond

Esta chica imita diferentes acentos en inglés. ¿Qué os parece?

Last edited by AngelicaDeAlquezar; October 09, 2010 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Fixed link
Old October 08, 2010, 12:38 PM
Diamond

@Angelica, de nada... Gracias a Orson... (¡Estoy de acuerdo contigo! De los mejores actores de la historia.)

@Irmamar... no me funciona el link... así que no puedo opinar.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: