Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Translations

Help with english text.

If you need help translating a sentence or longer piece of text, use this forum. For translations or definitions of a single word or idiom, use the vocabulary forum.

Old November 30, 2020, 02:19 PM
Opal

shadow is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Help with english text.

Hello!

I have written my thoughts. My native language is not English. So, I want to know about grammatical errors about my text, punctuation errors, etc. Criticisms are welcome.

-----------

What human feelings do I like?
...November 30, 2020
First of all, Feelings are various psychological states of a person that are created through a stable attitude to a particular object or object. Feelings, or as they are also called, emotions, are divided into two types: positive (happiness, joy, humor, or grace) and negative (fear, doubt, anxiety, or rudeness). One can't exist without the other, because you can't be happy or scared all the time.

As I said, there are a lot of emotions, but most of all I like this seven:

1. Inspiration. This is one of the most important feelings for a creative person.

2. Humor. In a broad sense, this is everything that can cause laughter, a smile and joy. I don't think society would be the same without humor.

3. Alarm. Although anxiety is a negative feeling, I like it in some ways. If I feel anxious, I know something is going to happen and I prepare for it mentally.

4. Peace. Peace is a state of calmness, serenity in thoughts and feelings, when everything is clear and understandable and there is no need for fears.

5. Interest. Interest is, as it were, an important human feeling. Due to it, a person learns something new or develops in a particular area (if he is interested in it).

6. Shame. As D said. Sad: "The Feeling of shame is a cowardly excitement that leads us away from the impure movements of the soul." Of course, shame is not a pleasant feeling, but as practice shows, shame is like a criticism for yourself, it helps you understand what you did wrong and next time you will not make the same mistake.

7. Hope. Hope always dies last, and that's a fact. To put it in the language of philosophers, hope is a positively colored emotion that arises when the expectation of the desired fulfillment is intense and anticipates the possibility of its fulfillment. The world is cruel and there is one "but" in this statement. If you rely too often on hope and luck, everything can turn out badly, both for you and for your loved ones. These are seven of my favorite feelings (emotions). Feelings and emotions are very, very, very important to a person. Without them, it is impossible to live, both happily and unhappily.

-----------

About: Feelings and emotions are very, very, very important to a person. Without them, it is impossible to live, both happily and unhappily.

I think.. correction must be:

Feelings and emotions are too important for a person. Without them, it is impossible to live, both happily and unhappily.

Last edited by Rusty; November 30, 2020 at 03:32 PM. Reason: placed text inline

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old November 30, 2020, 05:29 PM
rule 1: gravity

Native Language: English
poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
Hello!

I have written my thoughts. My native language is not English. So, I want to know about grammatical errors about my text, punctuation errors, etc. Criticisms are welcome.

-----------

...November 30, 2020
First of all, Feelings are various psychological states of a person that are created through a stable attitude to a particular object or object. Feelings, or as they are also called, emotions, are divided into two types: positive (happiness, joy, humor, or grace) and negative (fear, doubt, anxiety, or rudeness). One can't exist without the other, because you can't be happy or scared all the time.

As I said, there are a lot of emotions, but most of all I like these seven:

1. Inspiration. This is one of the most important feelings for a creative person.

2. Humor. In a broad sense, this is everything that can cause laughter, a smile and joy. Society wouldn't be the same without humor.

3. Alarm. Although anxiety is a negative feeling, I like it in some ways. If I feel anxious, I know something is going to happen and I prepare for it mentally. Here you may want to chang the I for: in some way it's good,If someone feels anxious, they can prepare for it mentally

4. Peace. Peace is a state of calmness, serenity in thoughts and feelings, when everything is clear and understandable and there is no need for fears.

5. Interest perhaps consider curiosity instead of interest. Interest is, as it were, an important human feeling. Due to it, a person learns something new or develops in a particular area (if he is interested in it).

6. Shame. As D said. Sad: "The Feeling of shame is a cowardly excitement that leads us away from the impure movements of the soul." Of course, shame is not a pleasant feeling, but as practice shows, shame is like a criticism for yourself, it helps you understand what you did wrong and next time you will not make the same mistake.

7. Hope. Hope always dies last, and that's a fact. To put it in the language of philosophers, hope is a positively colored emotion that arises when the expectation of the desired fulfillment is intense and anticipates the possibility of its fulfillment. The world is cruel and there is one "but" in this statement. If you rely too often on hope and luck, everything can turn out badly, both for you and for your loved ones. These are seven of my favorite feelings (emotions). Feelings and emotions are very, very, very important to a person. Without them, it is impossible to live, both happily and unhappily.

-----------

About: Feelings and emotions are very, very, very important to a person. Without them, it is impossible to live, both happily and unhappily.

I think.. correction must be:
Your use of very very very is OK provided you don't use it too frequently. Your use of too, as a correction, is not quite right. Consider using extremely in place of very very very
Feelings and emotions are too important for a person. Without them, it is impossible to live, both happily and unhappily.
Good job!
Old January 17, 2021, 04:14 PM
Opal

Native Language: English
RufflesHaveRidges is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post

-----------

Slightly more accurate: Which human emotions do I like?

...November 30, 2020
First of all, Feelings are various psychological states of a person that are created through a stable attitude to a particular object or object.

Wrong capitalization: "First of all, feelings"
Did you intend "particular object or person"?

Feelings, or as they are also called, emotions, are divided into two types: positive (happiness, joy, humor, or grace) and negative (fear, doubt, anxiety, or rudeness). One can't exist without the other, because you can't be happy or scared all the time.

More accurate:
"(such as happiness, joy, humor, or grace)"
or
"(happiness, joy, humor, or grace, and so on)"

As I said, there are a lot of emotions, but most of all I like this seven:

Should be: "these seven:"

2. Humor. In a broad sense, this is everything that can cause laughter, a smile and joy. I don't think society would be the same without humor.

3. Alarm. Although anxiety is a negative feeling, I like it in some ways. If I feel anxious, I know something is going to happen and I prepare for it mentally.

Slightly easier to read: "then I know something"

5. Interest. Interest is, as it were, an important human feeling. Due to it, a person learns something new or develops in a particular area (if he is interested in it).

More accurate:
"(if he or she is interested in it)"
or
"(if they are interested in it)
"

Slightly easier to read: "so it helps you understand"
More accurate: "so next time you"

Much more clear: "one exception to this statement:"
Note the colon at the end.

Shorter and more formal: "emotions are extremely important"

-----------
Overall, this is very acceptable. Good job. I noted some things that could be improved, but most of the problems are minor. There were a few more improvements that I did not mention because they would be important only in formal writing, which this is not.

Last edited by RufflesHaveRidges; January 17, 2021 at 04:24 PM.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: