Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Practice & Homework
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Traducir a inglés, por favor

Practice Spanish or English here. All replies to a thread should be in the same language as the first post.

Old August 11, 2011, 11:48 AM
Opal

muchosgracias is on a distinguished road
Traducir a inglés, por favor

Cuando les por primera vez estas notas no tenian formato de libro ni sabia quien las habia escrito, yo era mucho mas joven y de immediato me identifique con la persona que habia narrado con tanta espontaneidad sus aventuras. Claro que al ir leyendo tuve una idea de quien era este personaje y me senti muy feliz de ser su hija.

No pretendo contarles n ada de lo que deben descubrir en esta lectura, pero sin dudas cuando terminen querran volver a disfrutar de algunos pasajes, por la belleza que describen o por lo intenso de los sentimientos que desprenden.

Translation to English needs correction or editing. Por favor.

When he wrote his notes for the first time, they don't have an idea of the book neither they know which had been written, I was very young and was immediately identified with a person that has narrated with tested spontaneity in their adventures. It is clear that reading gives an idea who will be this celebrity and makes his daughter very happy.

I don't pretend to tell them nothing of it that his duty to discover in this lecture but without doubt when they finished, they want to return to enjoy some ticket fares, for the beauty they describe or for the intense feelings that evoke.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old August 11, 2011, 12:53 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Hola,

Moví tu hilo al foro donde puedes practicar la traducción de español a inglés. En este foro, los miembros pueden ofrecerte ayuda con cualquiera traducción.

Primero que todo, copiaste mal la narración original (del libro 'Diarios de un Motociclista', de Ernesto 'Che' Guevara). Debes ponerla de nuevo.

Por ejemplo, la primera oración debe ser:
Cuando leí por primera vez estas notas no tenían formato de libro ni sabía quién las había escrito.

Mi traducción:
When I read these notes for the first time they weren't in book format, nor did I know who had written them.

Last edited by Rusty; August 11, 2011 at 01:05 PM.
Old August 11, 2011, 01:54 PM
Opal

muchosgracias is on a distinguished road
Muchos gracias, Senor Rusty. Old age has caught up with me. Why have I not thought of that before. The English version of Motorcycle Diaries..Thanks a lot.
Old August 29, 2011, 04:49 PM
Ruby

Native Language: US English
swr999 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by muchosgracias View Post
Cuando les por primera vez estas notas no tenian formato de libro ni sabia quien las habia escrito, yo era mucho mas joven y de immediato me identifique con la persona que habia narrado con tanta espontaneidad sus aventuras. Claro que al ir leyendo tuve una idea de quien era este personaje y me senti muy feliz de ser su hija.

No pretendo contarles n ada de lo que deben descubrir en esta lectura, pero sin dudas cuando terminen querran volver a disfrutar de algunos pasajes, por la belleza que describen o por lo intenso de los sentimientos que desprenden.

Translation to English needs correction or editing. Por favor.

When he wrote his notes for the first time, they don't have an idea of the book neither they know which had been written, I was very young and was immediately identified with a person that has narrated with tested spontaneity in their adventures. It is clear that reading gives an idea who will be this celebrity and makes his daughter very happy.

I don't pretend to tell them nothing of it that his duty to discover in this lecture but without doubt when they finished, they want to return to enjoy some ticket fares, for the beauty they describe or for the intense feelings that evoke.

First of all, the quotation seems a bit garbled. A more precise quote would help. From the overall sense of the first paragraph I'm going to assume the first line was "Cuando leí por primera vez...". I also assume the writer of the notes was male. So, let me give it a try:

"When I read these notes for the first time they weren't in the form of a book and I didn't even know who wrote them. I was much younger [then] and I immediately identified with the person who had related his adventures with such spontaneity. Of course, as I continued to read I had an idea of who this person was and felt very happy to be his daughter."

"It's not my intention to tell you anything about what you should discover in this reading, but without doubt when you finish you'll want to return to enjoy some of the passages for the beauty they describe or the intense feeling emanating from them."

Hopefully someone will improve on this...

PS: Ooops, I see Rusty had already caught this "leí" error above.

Last edited by swr999; August 29, 2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old August 29, 2011, 05:06 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Perhaps the OP has found the English version of "The Motorcycle Diaries" by now and is satisfied.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: