Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Practice & Homework
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Urgent translation

Practice Spanish or English here. All replies to a thread should be in the same language as the first post.

Old December 20, 2012, 02:49 PM
Opal

lebguy is on a distinguished road
Urgent translation

Hello,
I'm new and this is my first post here. This is really urgent, I have a presentation at 8:00 am and I can't translate it myself.
I hope you guys can help me, This is the article I need to translate.

" My name is Ali. I'm 25 years old. I'm lebanese. Today, I'm going to talk about my country.

Lebanon is a small mountainous country on the mediterranean sea, between syria and palestine.

The official language in Lebanon is arabic, and french is widely used by the people in comparison with english language.

Lebanon has a mediterranean climate, with hot and dry summer, and cool rainy winter.

It has a fertile soil, and is very good for agriculture. Lebanon is a source of citruss fruits for the gulf and arab countries.

Lebanon joins its natural beauty, and its historical sites. This is one reason why tourists from all parts of the world visit Lebanon.

While you are in lebanon, you can see remains from phoenicians, canaanite and egyptians era, as you can see the mountains and the cedars.

having the coast too close to the mountains makes ski a part of a day in lebanon where more than one activity could be done. "

Thanks in advance.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old December 20, 2012, 04:46 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebguy View Post
... This is really urgent. I have a presentation at 8:00 am and I can't translate it myself.
I hope you guys can help me. This is the article I need to translate.

" My name is Ali. I'm 25 years old. I'm Lebanese. Today, I'm going to talk about my country.

Lebanon is a small mountainous country on the Mediterranean Sea, between Syria and Palestine.

The official language in Lebanon is Arabic, and French is widely used by the people in comparison with English language.

Lebanon has a mediterranean climate, with hot and dry summer, and cool rainy winter.

It has a fertile soil, and is very good for agriculture. Lebanon is a source of citruss fruits for the gulf and [COLOR="Red"]A/COLOR]rab countries.

Lebanon has both natural beauty, and its historical sites. These are two reasons why tourists from all parts of the world visit Lebanon.

While you are in Lebanon, you can see ruins from the Phoenicians, Canaanite and Egyptians era, and you can see the mountains and the cedars.

Having the coast so close to the mountains makes skiing a possible part of your day in Lebanon, where more than one activity could be enjoyed. "

Thanks in advance.
We aren't able to comply with your request for a translation, since we don't do member's homework for them.

Please try your best, with the changes I've made to the English text, to provide us your own translation into Spanish and we'll offer help as needed.
Old December 20, 2012, 11:18 PM
Opal

lebguy is on a distinguished road
Are my translations correct?

Hello again,
I tried to translate this using different dictionaries, and I believe that this is the best I can get. Can you please tell me if its right or wrong.

" My name is Ali. I'm 25 years old. I'm Lebanese. Today, I'm going to talk about my country.
Lebanon is a small mountainous country on the Mediterranean Sea, between Syria and Palestine.
The official language in Lebanon is Arabic, and French is widely used by the people in comparison with English.
Lebanon is a source of citruss fruits for the gulf and Arab countries.
Lebanon has both natural beauty, and its historical sites. These are two reasons why tourists from all parts of the world visit Lebanon.
While you are in Lebanon, you can see ruins from the Phoenicians, Canaanite and Egyptians era, and you can see the mountains and the cedars.
Having the coast so close to the mountains makes skiing a possible part of your day in Lebanon, where more than one activity could be enjoyed."

Translation:

"Mi nombre es Ali. Tengo 25 años. Soy libanés. Hoy, voy a hablar de mi país.

Líbano es un pequeño país montañoso en el Mar Mediterráneo, entre Siria y Palestina.

El idioma oficial en Líbano es árabe, y francés es extensamente usado por la gente en comparación con inglés.

Líbano tiene un clima mediterráneo, con verano caliente y seco, e invierno lluvioso chulo(fresco).

Líbano es una fuente de cítricos para el golfo y países árabes.

Líbano tiene tanto la belleza natural, como sus sitios web históricos. Éstos son dos motivos por qué turistas de todas las partes de la visita mundial Líbano.

Mientras usted está en Líbano, usted puede ver ruinas de los fenicios, Canaanita y era egipcia, y usted puede ver las montañas y los cedros.

Tener la costa tan cerca de las montañas hace el esquí de una parte posible de su día en Líbano, donde podrían disfrutar de más de una actividad."

Thanks in advance.
Old December 21, 2012, 04:44 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebguy View Post
... please tell me if it's right or wrong.

The official language in Lebanon is Arabic, and French is widely used by the people in comparison with English.
Lebanon has a Mediterranean climate, with hot and dry summers, and cool, rainy winters.
Lebanon is a source of citrus fruits for the gulf and Arab countries.
Having the coast so close to the mountains makes skiing a possible part of your day in Lebanon, where more than one activity could be enjoyed."

Translation:

"Mi nombre es Ali. Tengo 25 años. Soy libanés. Hoy, voy a hablar de mi país.

(missing article) Líbano es un pequeño país montañoso en el Mar Mediterráneo, entre Siria y Palestina.
(You need to use different wording instead of 'en', which means that your country is in the sea. Look up how to say 'that borders', for example.)

El idioma oficial de Líbano es (missing article) árabe, y (missing article) francés es extensamente usado por la gente en comparación con (missing article) inglés.
(The stuff in purple is in the passive voice. Spanish doesn't use the passive voice nearly as often as English. Try using the 'pasiva refleja' instead.)

(missing article) Líbano tiene un clima mediterráneo, con verano(pluralize and watch agreement with the adjectives) caliente y seco, e invierno(pluralize and watch agreement with the adjectives) fresco y lluvioso chulo.

(missing article) Líbano es una fuente de cítricos para el golfo y (missing article) países árabes.

(missing article) Líbano tiene tanto la belleza natural, como sus sitios web históricos. Estos son dos motivos por qué turistas de todas las partes de la visita mundial Líbano.
(The stuff in purple looks like it was incorrectly entered into a machine translator. You'll need to translate the more literal "for the which the tourists from all the parts of the world visit Lebanon.")

Mientras usted está en Líbano, (usted) puede ver (missing article) ruinas de (here is where 'era' goes, with an article and watch agreement of the adjectives that follow) los fenicios, Canaanita y era egipcia, y (usted) puede ver las montañas y los cedros.

Tener la costa tan cerca de las montañas hace (missing conjunction) el esquí (missing 'to be' verb, conjugated in the subjunctive mood) de una parte posible de su día en Líbano, donde podrían disfrutar de más de una actividad."

Thanks in advance.
Good job. I've marked several items that need to be corrected. There are possibly more. Fix the problems that you can and repost so we can have another look.
If you have questions about anything, please ask.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: