Hacer Pregunta

Crear un tema
Retroceder   Foros para el aprendizaje de inglés y español > La enseñanza y el aprendizaje > La enseñanza y el aprendizaje
Registrarse Ayuda Comunidad Calendario Temas de Hoy Buscar PenpalsTraductor

Favorite Spanish program/book?

Metodología didáctica, técnicas para aprender, la lingüística-- todo cosa relacionada con el aprendizaje y enseñanza de un idioma extranjero.

Respuesta

Herramientas Desplegado
Antiguo March 23, 2016, 10:02 PM
AlwaysLost AlwaysLost no está en línea
Ruby

AlwaysLost is on a distinguished road
Favorite Spanish program/book?

So I am taking Spanish at the local community college and watching all those quirky Master OF Memory videos on YouTube. But I am looking for a slightly more polished program to take during my summer break. I don't just want to talk to my Spanish coworkers(some of them by the way hate it when I speak Spanish to them, there is what seems like some racism towards whitey)... But I do want something I can work with so I can go into 2nd semester Span with more understanding than I had before.

For those who haven't read my intro, my Span teacher is using about an 85% immersion and has lost much of the class. She teaches the next semester as well, so me being even stronger going back into it is needed.

Edit: I can't spend 200$+ on Rosetta, so anything with the 50$ or less is much appreciated.
Responder Con Cita

Quita esta publicidad al registrarte con una cuenta gratuita en Tomísimo.
Antiguo March 23, 2016, 10:11 PM
Rusty Rusty no está en línea
Señor Speedy

Primera Lengua: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Look here for a recommendation.
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo March 24, 2016, 07:14 AM
poli poli está en línea ahora
rule 1: gravity

Primera Lengua: English
poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough
Online newspapers like El País, ABC, Clarin, Excelsior offer a variety of articles. The subjects that interest you will be easier to read. If you live in New York El Diario is a daily for 50 cents at news stands with a variety of articles. I like El País. All these papers will improve your vocabulary
Antiguo March 28, 2016, 06:13 PM
Natalie382 Natalie382 no está en línea
Opal

Primera Lengua: English
Natalie382 is on a distinguished road
Hi AlwaysLost. I'm new here an often lost myself.

Have you looked at Podcasts? My favorite is Coffee Break Spanish, by Radio Lingua. Each episode is about 20 minutes long (about as long as a coffee break, I guess). Depending on your level of Spanish, you may need to skip several/many lessons to get to the point that they are helpful.

The podcasts are free, but there is extra material on the website (including transcripts) that one can pay for if desired.

Another idea... Extra Español on YouTube is helpful for listening practice. It is a rather silly sitcom designed for Spanish students. There is also a soap opera style show called Destinos, also designed for Spanish learners. I think you can find that on YouTube also, but you may need to just google it.

Have you looked at the Duolingo app? It is a nice extra thing to do.

Hope this helps!

Última edición por Natalie382 fecha: March 28, 2016 a las 08:02 PM Razón: adding
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo March 28, 2016, 11:48 PM
AlwaysLost AlwaysLost no está en línea
Ruby

AlwaysLost is on a distinguished road
Cita:
Escrito originalmente por Natalie382 Ver Mensaje

Have you looked at the Duolingo app? It is a nice extra thing to do.
I'll have to check out the others, but I will say that Doulingo was an amazing waste of time. I spent 10-15min a day for 3 weeks before class and it helped me none. The structure is just too bad to learn quickly from.

Thankyou for the other recommendations though.
Responder Con Cita
Respuesta

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: 

Normas de Publicación