Hacer Pregunta

Crear un tema
Retroceder   Foros para el aprendizaje de inglés y español > Los idiomas inglés y español > El vocabulario > Modismos y Dichos
Registrarse Ayuda Comunidad Calendario Temas de Hoy Buscar PenpalsTraductor

"de molde" idiomatic usage

Un modismo es cualquier frase cuya significado no es fácil de entender basándose en sus palabras individuales. Este foro es el lugar para cualquier pregunta sobre modismos o cualquier otro dicho.

Respuesta

Herramientas Desplegado
Antiguo June 09, 2010, 08:50 PM
wafflestomp wafflestomp no está en línea
Pearl

Primera Lengua: American English
wafflestomp is on a distinguished road
"de molde" idiomatic usage

I was listening to "si yo fuera chico" to try to listen to more Spanish to get my vocab and comprehension up and I understood the whole thing completely except for this one phrase.. here's how it went "Los chicos son de molde, y nosotras somos de corazón"

I've heard of de molde meaning like sort of listless and just like not changing.. but I think it means something else here because it doesn't seem to fit with that meaning in this context. "Boys are boring and we girls are from the heart" doesn't make sense to me.

Anyone help is appreciated!
Responder Con Cita

Quita esta publicidad al registrarte con una cuenta gratuita en Tomísimo.
Antiguo June 09, 2010, 09:24 PM
ookami ookami no está en línea
Sapphire

Primera Lengua: Español(Argentina)
ookami is on a distinguished road
Maybe: Boys are structured(mind) and we girls are from heart(passion)
Let's see others opinions.
Antiguo June 10, 2010, 12:13 AM
JPablo JPablo no está en línea
Diamond

Primera Lengua: Spanish (Castilian, peninsular)
JPablo is on a distinguished road
I tend to agree with Ookami... I checked other forums and a bit on the net, and the most plausible interpretation is that "boys [men] follow a 'mold', follow the established rules for them, and/or tend to act the 'all the same way', following a 'pattern', a 'mold'. Girls [women] on the other hand tend to be more intuitive, follow their hearths and I would say they are less 'robotic'..." (Quite a "generalization" and identification, as there are boys who are totally from the heart, and viceversa... but that's what the song says...)
In Spanish from Spain "de molde" is used to refer to "pan de molde" = tin or pan loaf (BrE), bread/loaf baked generally in a rectangular tin.
So even if one get the 'literal' picture of boys = [] and girls = , one would get the picture. After all, songs/poems can play with images, metaphors and convey many different feelings to each different person...
At any rate, that's my take and my . Hope it helps!
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo June 10, 2010, 01:01 AM
irmamar irmamar no está en línea
Diamond

Primera Lengua: Español
irmamar is on a distinguished road
Cita:
Escrito originalmente por JPablo Ver Mensaje
I tend to agree with Ookami... I checked other forums and a bit on the net, and the most plausible interpretation is that "boys [men] follow a 'mold', follow the established rules for them, and/or tend to act the 'all the same way', following a 'pattern', a 'mold'. Girls [women] on the other hand tend to be more intuitive, follow their hearths and I would say they are less 'robotic'..." (Quite a "generalization" and identification, as there are boys who are totally from the heart, and viceversa... but that's what the song says...)
In Spanish from Spain "de molde" is used to refer to "pan de molde" = tin or pan loaf (BrE), bread/loaf baked generally in a rectangular tin.
So even if one get the 'literal' picture of boys = [] and girls = , one would get the picture. After all, songs/poems can play with images, metaphors and convey many different feelings to each different person...
At any rate, that's my take and my . Hope it helps!
Good explanation.
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo June 10, 2010, 01:36 AM
JPablo JPablo no está en línea
Diamond

Primera Lengua: Spanish (Castilian, peninsular)
JPablo is on a distinguished road
Cita:
Escrito originalmente por irmamar Ver Mensaje
Good explanation.
Thank you! Glad to be of help!
Responder Con Cita
Respuesta

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: 

Normas de Publicación