Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Practice & Homework


Oraciones con el condicional

 

Practice Spanish or English here. All replies to a thread should be in the same language as the first post.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 21, 2010, 08:06 AM
laepelba's Avatar
laepelba laepelba is offline
Diamond
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Suburbs of Washington, DC (Northern Virginia)
Posts: 4,683
Native Language: American English (Northeastern US)
laepelba is on a distinguished road
Red face Oraciones con el condicional

The exercise I just completed gave four statements and required the first person conditional tense of a given verb in the answer. Please check & correct my answers. Thank you!!

Given question: La fregadora de platos no funciona.
My answer: Fregaría los platos a mano.

Given question: El auto no tiene gasolina.
My answer: Iría a la estación de gasolina para comprar gasolina.

Given question: No hay un programa interesante en la tele.
My answer: Alquilaría una película.

Given question: ¡Pablo quema la cena!
My answer: Cenaría en un restaurante.
__________________
- Lou Ann, de Washington, DC, USA
Específicamente quiero recibir ayuda con el español de latinoamerica. ¡Muchísimas gracias!
Reply With Quote
   
Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
  #2  
Old March 21, 2010, 08:39 AM
chileno's Avatar
chileno chileno is offline
Diamond
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Las Vegas, USA
Posts: 7,863
Native Language: Castellano
chileno is on a distinguished road
Hi Lou Ann:

No need to get

This forum is dedicated to this, precisely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laepelba View Post
The exercise I just completed gave four statements and required the first person conditional tense of a given verb in the answer. Please check & correct my answers. Thank you!!

Given question: La fregadora de platos no funciona.
My answer: Fregaría los platos a mano.

Given question: El auto no tiene gasolina.
My answer: Iría a la estación de gasolina para comprar gasolina.

Given question: No hay un programa interesante en la tele.
My answer: Alquilaría una película.

Given question: ¡Pablo quema la cena!
My answer: Cenaría en un restaurante.
If it requires the first person, I would say then it has to have the "yo" in there, because all of the phrases allow for the singular form of the tense regardless of the person.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old March 21, 2010, 02:26 PM
bobjenkins's Avatar
bobjenkins bobjenkins is offline
Diamond
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: España próximamente??
Posts: 2,923
Native Language: Inglés
bobjenkins is on a distinguished road
hola, sé la palabra "gasolinera" ...la estación de gasolina me parece bueno también. ¿Se usan las ambas?
__________________
"There´s always money in the banana stand michael!"
--george bluthe sir
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old March 21, 2010, 02:29 PM
Perikles's Avatar
Perikles Perikles is offline
Diamond
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tenerife
Posts: 4,814
Native Language: Inglés
Perikles is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chileno View Post
If it requires the first person, I would say then it has to have the "yo" in there, because all of the phrases allow for the singular form of the tense regardless of the person.
I assume you mean first or third person singular, not second.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old March 21, 2010, 02:39 PM
laepelba's Avatar
laepelba laepelba is offline
Diamond
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Suburbs of Washington, DC (Northern Virginia)
Posts: 4,683
Native Language: American English (Northeastern US)
laepelba is on a distinguished road
Well, Perikles, the directions said to write the sentences using first person singular, as in I, Lou Ann, am giving an answer to a statement.

Hernan - beyond including the word "yo", are there any other corrections to my sentences? Surely there must be many..........
__________________
- Lou Ann, de Washington, DC, USA
Específicamente quiero recibir ayuda con el español de latinoamerica. ¡Muchísimas gracias!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old March 21, 2010, 02:39 PM
bobjenkins's Avatar
bobjenkins bobjenkins is offline
Diamond
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: España próximamente??
Posts: 2,923
Native Language: Inglés
bobjenkins is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perikles View Post
I assume you mean first or third person singular, not second.
¿?coñmoó se llanam los probonomr udsted? la primera persona o segundja
__________________
"There´s always money in the banana stand michael!"
--george bluthe sir
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old March 21, 2010, 02:43 PM
laepelba's Avatar
laepelba laepelba is offline
Diamond
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Suburbs of Washington, DC (Northern Virginia)
Posts: 4,683
Native Language: American English (Northeastern US)
laepelba is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjenkins View Post
¿?coñmoó se llanam los probonomr udsted? la primera persona o segundja
Huh?

By the way, Hernan - I didn't use that because I was "embarrassed", but because I like the expression on his face........
__________________
- Lou Ann, de Washington, DC, USA
Específicamente quiero recibir ayuda con el español de latinoamerica. ¡Muchísimas gracias!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old March 21, 2010, 02:51 PM
bobjenkins's Avatar
bobjenkins bobjenkins is offline
Diamond
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: España próximamente??
Posts: 2,923
Native Language: Inglés
bobjenkins is on a distinguished road
that´s what I get for typing without looking

quise decir.
¿cómo se llaman el pronombre usted, primera o segunda persona?

@laepelba

Quote:
Given question: ¡Pablo quema la cena!
My answer: Cenaría en un restaurante.
Quizás puedes decir,

Cenaríamos en un restaurante. If Pablo is cooking for you and himself
__________________
"There´s always money in the banana stand michael!"
--george bluthe sir
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old March 21, 2010, 03:03 PM
laepelba's Avatar
laepelba laepelba is offline
Diamond
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Suburbs of Washington, DC (Northern Virginia)
Posts: 4,683
Native Language: American English (Northeastern US)
laepelba is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjenkins View Post
that´s what I get for typing without looking

quise decir.
¿cómo se llaman el pronombre usted, primera o segunda persona?

@laepelba

Quizás puedes decir,

Cenaríamos en un restaurante. If Pablo is cooking for you and himself
Well, "usted" is second person....

And the directions were specific ... to use the first person singular. What you say makes sense, but I could also imagine that, using the conditional, if Pablo were cooking for himself, and someone said to me "Pablo burned his dinner", I would respond with "(if it were me) I would eat at a restaurant..." ???
__________________
- Lou Ann, de Washington, DC, USA
Específicamente quiero recibir ayuda con el español de latinoamerica. ¡Muchísimas gracias!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old March 21, 2010, 04:16 PM
chileno's Avatar
chileno chileno is offline
Diamond
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Las Vegas, USA
Posts: 7,863
Native Language: Castellano
chileno is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perikles View Post
I assume you mean first or third person singular, not second.
Yes. I meant to insert that in there, but I forgot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laepelba View Post
Well, Perikles, the directions said to write the sentences using first person singular, as in I, Lou Ann, am giving an answer to a statement.

Hernan - beyond including the word "yo", are there any other corrections to my sentences? Surely there must be many..........
None that I could spot. In words and manners of Jack Palance "believe it or not"

Quote:
Originally Posted by laepelba View Post
Huh?

By the way, Hernan - I didn't use that because I was "embarrassed", but because I like the expression on his face........
Ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjenkins View Post
that´s what I get for typing without looking

quise decir.
¿cómo se llaman el pronombre usted, primera o segunda persona?

@laepelba

Quizás puedes decir,

Cenaríamos en un restaurante. If Pablo is cooking for you and himself
Segunda persona. Tú, Usted. (You)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark this thread at:

 

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Site Rules

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oraciones con "dejar" bobjenkins Practice & Homework 6 March 11, 2010 03:13 PM
Más oraciones... (Ejercicio 6-4) laepelba Practice & Homework 2 February 27, 2010 08:52 AM
Oraciones con el imperfecto laepelba Practice & Homework 18 February 27, 2010 06:41 AM
Más oraciones con el pretérito laepelba Practice & Homework 26 February 13, 2010 02:30 PM
Algunas oraciones con el pretérito laepelba Practice & Homework 2 February 08, 2010 05:41 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:30 AM.

Forum powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

X