Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > The Tomísimo Lounge > General Chat
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

American singer Marc Anthony called a Mexican when he sang the National Anthem

Talk about anything here, just keep it clean.

Closed Thread

Old July 21, 2013, 02:38 PM
Emerald

Native Language: inglés y español).
Villa is on a distinguished road
American singer Marc Anthony called a Mexican when he sang the National Anthem

They called Marc Anthony a Mexican. Marc Anthony nacido en Nueva York de padres puertorriqueños llamado un mexicano.

So Marc Anthony who is born in New York gets called a Mexican when he sings the National Anthem at a baseball All-Star game in the U.S. His parents are from Puerto Rico but he is born in the U.S. and speaks English without a Spanish accent. Some people were upset saying that why did they have somebody from another country sing the national anthem.

Mark Anthony said "Let’s get this straight. I was born and raised in New York. You can’t get more New York than me.”
If we really want to talk about the true Americans, why not look to the Native American Indians?

Algunos tuiteros atacaron Marc Anthony por ser un "mexicano" y diciendo que era "antiamericano por un mexicano a cantar el himno nacional. Por cierto, Marc Anthony es de ascendencia puertorriqueña pero nacido en America/USA. ¿Si de verdad queremos hablar de la verdadera estadounidenses, por qué no mirar a los indios nativos americanos?

Last edited by Villa; July 21, 2013 at 02:52 PM.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old July 22, 2013, 04:27 AM
Opal

Xilea is on a distinguished road
I agree with Villa about above post: Actually, only the Native American Indians can be considered 100% Americans. People who called Marc Anthony Mexican talked from ignorance. They have forgotten that First Colonialists were Europeans from different parts of Europe, such as Ireland, England, Holland et... So the most of the people in the U.S are Europeans descents.

From my point of view, the U.S is an especial country because not matter wherever you came from, in the U.S you can get a new beginning. This is "the American dream", I guess. And for this reason the President of the U.S is half-American (I think his father was African)
Closed Thread

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: