Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Vocabulary

Specific dialect q: "recordarser(?) : to awaken"

Ask about definitions or translations for Spanish or English words.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 19, 2017, 02:56 PM
Opal

smalloy is on a distinguished road
Specific dialect q: "recordarser(?) : to awaken"

This is my first post, and an obscure question. Thank you in advance for any help!

I remember, years ago, reading an interview with Jorge Luis Borges in which he mentioned a word which in a regional Spanish dialect (probably Argentinian, but I'm not positive) meant "to awaken."

He mentioned that it was interesting that the word-- "recordarser," or something similar, I think-- literally translated, meant "to remember oneself."

I can't seem to find any evidence online of this word's existence-- is anyone here familiar with it, or something like it?

I know that "recordar" means "to remember," but am specifically looking for a similar word meaning "to awaken."

Thanks again.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: