Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Practice & Homework
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

¿Alguien puede comprobar este para mi?

Practice Spanish or English here. All replies to a thread should be in the same language as the first post.

Old February 18, 2007, 01:21 PM
Ruby

pogo is on a distinguished road
¿Alguien puede comprobar este para mi?

I'm attempting to translate a website i'm building at work into Spanish, it's only for testing since we'll get a real translator for when it's launched but even so it's a good change to practice my Spanish and would like to know how good or bad i've done.

This is a sample, any feedback would be great.

Get started in 5 simple steps

1. Enter the details of your proposed meeting into Diarised, including the meeting invitees and the possible times and dates for the meeting.
2. Diarised sends out emails to all invitees.
3. The invitees choose the times that suit them best.
4. Once the invitees have chosen their preferred meeting dates, Diarised will give you a summary of the best dates for you to choose from.
5. All meeting invitees will be sent an email confirming the chosen date and time

mi traducción:

Empieza con 5 pases muy sencilla
1. Anota la información del encuentro en Diarised incluso los invitados y las fechas posibles.
2. Diarised envía los correos electrónicos a todo
3. Las personas escoge las fechas preferidas
4. Cuando los invitados han escogido sus fechas, Diarised te invitará un resumen de las mejores fechas
5. Todos los invitados recibirán un correo electrónico con la fecha escogida

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diarised is a quick and simple online tool to help you pick the best time for a meeting

mi traducción:

Diarised es una herramienta muy sencilla y rápida que te ayuda escoger la mejor fecha para un encuentro.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Privacy Statements:

We take your privacy seriously.

We will not use your email address for any purpose other than helping arrange meetings on Diarised. The only emails you will receive will relate to specific meetings being arranged.

Your email addresses will never be passed to any other company or organisation.

Details of meetings, including all email addresses will be removed from our system approximately 30 days after any meeting you schedule. [we keep the meeting data for a short period so the person who sets up the meeting can review the details if required]

If you have any queries at all please get in touch.

mi traducción:

Declaración de intimidad
Tú intimidad es importante a nos

Nunca usaremos tú correo electrónico para nada excepto para organizar encuentros en Diarised.

Nunca daremos tú información a una otra organización

Los detalles del encuentros inclusivo todos los correos electrónicos estará borrando un poco después la confirmación del encuentro

Si tienes preguntas que haga contacto con nos

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old February 19, 2007, 12:50 PM
Davidísimo

Native Language: American English
Tomisimo will become famous soon enoughTomisimo will become famous soon enough
Hi Pogo. I'll just quote parts of your post and put there corrections right in with what you wrote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogo View Post
Empieza con 5 pasos muy sencillos
1. Ingresa la información de la reunión propuesta en el sistema de Diarised, incluyendo posibles invitados, fechas y horas.
2. Diarised enviará un correo electrónico a todos los invitados
3. Los invitados escogerán la fecha y hora que más le conviene
4. Una vez que los invitados hayan escogido sus fechas preferidas, Diarised te enviará un resumen de las mejores fechas para que tu escojas una
5. Todos los invitados recibirán un correo electrónico para confirmar la fecha y hora de la reunión
Quote:
Diarised es una herramienta sencilla y rápida que te ayuda a escoger la mejor fecha para una reunión.
Quote:
Declaración de privacidad

Nos importa mucho tú privacidad

Nunca usaremos tú correo electrónico para ningún otro propósito aparte de organizar reuniones en Diarised. Los únicos correos que recibirás serán los que están relacionados directamente con la planeación de una reunión.

Tu correo electrónico nunca será divulgado a otra compañía u organización.

Los detalles de las reuniones, incluyendo todos los correos electrónicos serán borrados de nuestro sistema aproximadamente 30 días después de la reunión que programaste. [Guardamos los datos de las reuniones durante un período corto para que la persona quien programó la reunión pueda revisar los detalles en caso de ser necesario.]

Si tienes alguna pregunta o duda, no dudes en ponerte en contacto con nostoros.
Hope that helps you. If you have any questions about what I changed or why, just ask

Quote:
it's only for testing since we'll get a real translator for when it's launched
That sounds like it's right down my alley. If you're interested I can get you a quote.
Old February 20, 2007, 12:59 AM
Ankh-Morpork's citizen

Native Language: Spanish (Spain)
sosia has a spectacular aura aboutsosia has a spectacular aura about
It's OK like Tomissimo says, altough I would have made minor changes. My q uestion is, Why "tu" instead of "usted"? You're a public service, you should be not so direct, unless you want to make it familiar/friendly.
Old February 20, 2007, 05:33 AM
Ruby

pogo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sosia View Post
It's OK like Tomissimo says, altough I would have made minor changes. My q uestion is, Why "tu" instead of "usted"? You're a public service, you should be not so direct, unless you want to make it familiar/friendly.
to be perfectly honest i'm still unsure when to use them and so just went for tu since we want the site to be friendly and not feel like your communicating with a machine.

Quote:
That sounds like it's right down my alley. If you're interested I can get you a quote.
Absolutely, if you want to see the site as it is you can go to diarised.com to get a feel for it. At the moment i'm in the process of preparing a development version for translation. At the end of which there will be a .po file which will have all the English text to be translated.
If you've not worked with them before you can get an editor called poEdit for windows or locFactory if you're on a mac (they're both free)

There will also be 6 or 7 emails to translate. We've had quite a few Spanish speaking people blog the site so ideally we'd like to email them in Spanish and let them know so we might need you to write the email for us.

Unfortunately i'm still in the process of generating the .po file so i can't say exactly how much needs to be translated however i could send you a work in progress version to give you an idea of how much needs to be done.

Also how easy would it be to make this usable for people in Spain and South America? If we could avoid using language specific to one area it would be great but my Spanish isn't good enough to know how difficult it is to do that compared to say British English and American English.
Old February 21, 2007, 01:31 PM
Davidísimo

Native Language: American English
Tomisimo will become famous soon enoughTomisimo will become famous soon enough
I agree with sosia about the use of usted. If you're expecting someone to use tu, and they use usted, you feel like they're trying to distance themselves from you, and if you're expecting someone to use usted and they use tu, you feel like they're being to forward and pushy, or they're trying to be to intimate with you.

All in all, it would be best to use usted.

As far as a translation goes, I'll send you a PM about it. I've never worked with .po files before, but with the free editors out there, that shouldn't be a problem.

There are many versions of Spanish- from Spain, North America and South America- and the differences between these versions are more notable than the difference between British and American English. However, it's still possible to use "safe" vocabulary and make a version that is completely understandable across all Spanish dialects. Although for some vocabulary it can be hard, such as computadora/ordenador for computer.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: