Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Translations
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Help with this piece of text, please!!!

If you need help translating a sentence or longer piece of text, use this forum. For translations or definitions of a single word or idiom, use the vocabulary forum.

Old June 07, 2014, 03:01 AM
Pearl

jellybabe is on a distinguished road
Help with this piece of text, please!!!

Sé que esta es una pieza de texto bastante larga pero me aydaría muchísmo si pudiereis corregirla!

"The culture of hairdressing is very different for women in England. One expects to pay quite a lot these days for only a trim. £40 is about normal and one expects to spend quite a while at the hairdressers you don't just go on the way home for example for a 15 minute haircut. You expect a really good quality haircut and if the hairdresser hasn't done it how you like you can return and they should redo it for free. The experience when you go to the hairdresseres is also very different. The salon's are always buzzing with people with lots of hairdressers at each station styling someone's hair. The give you a drink and some biscuits and they always give you a head massage while they wash your hair. They also spend a while talking to you about how you want your hair cut to make sure they have it clear in their minds.
In my mind the hairdressers are trained to a much higher quality. For example in England when I've wanted a perm they've taken a bit of my hair before to check if it's in good enough condition to withstand a perm. Here they don't do that, they just do you a perm without checking. I've also had my fringe cut here with clippers, while I had to hold a bit of paper in front of my forehand, I've never had my fringe cut like that before.!!!!"

"La cultura de peluquería es muy differente en Inglaterra para las mujers. Se espera pagar mucho esos días solo para un corte de pelo. 45 euros es un precio normal y se espera pasar bastante tiempo en el peluquería no se va de camino a casa por ejemplo para un corte que tarde 15 minutos. Se espera un corte de pelo super bueno/muy bien hecho y si la estilista no lo ha hecho cómo se quería se puede volver para que lo arreglaran. La experiencia también es muy distinta. El salon siempre tiene mucho movimiento con muchas estilistas a cada estación peinando el pelo. le dan una bebida y galletas y (not sure how to say "they give one a drink") siempre le dan un masaje mientras se lavan el pelo. Los peluqueros pasan tiempo hablando con ? (talking with one?) para que tengan claros lo que se quiere. En mi opinion los peluqueros tienen mucha mas experiencia (trained to a higher standard?)?? Por ejemplo en Ingalterra cuando he querido una permanente me han cortado un poco de pelo cómo una muestra para comprobar si el pelo estaba en condiciones para aguantarla. Aquí no lo hacen así se lo hacen y ya está. Una vez aquí me cortaron el flequillo con una maquina mientras yo sujetaba una hoja de papel enfrente de mi frente. Nunca me han coratdo el fequillo así antes."

I don't know how you say in Spanish "to give one a drink" or "to wash one's hair."

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: