Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

How to learn?

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Old May 07, 2007, 09:45 PM
Opal

Adelaa is on a distinguished road
How to learn a froeign language? I want to know the answer. Recently I have been searching some information about learning foreign language and I have found some language learning related sites, cursos aleman alemania , etudier a l'etranger une ecole de langue , curso de idioma . I deem that these are useful for me to learning foreign language. If someone else has other recommendations or suggestions, please let me know. Any help would be much appreciated!

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old May 07, 2007, 10:27 PM
Davidísimo

Native Language: American English
Tomisimo will become famous soon enoughTomisimo will become famous soon enough
Well, if you´re interested, I can give you lots of sites that can help you learn Spanish
Old June 08, 2007, 04:43 PM
Opal

samantha is on a distinguished road
i think that a way to learn any language is to surround yourself with others that speak that language and that will sorta force you to learn it and you might catch a few new phrases at a time, even if it might take awhile it's worth it.
And everyone must breathe ,Until their dying breath"
Old September 19, 2007, 08:32 PM
Opal

nenniurou is on a distinguished road
A second language must be more useful in nowadays. I have only learnt English as my second language and I also want to learn some other one. These are the sites I have found to use in my learning.
Old November 12, 2007, 07:29 PM
Opal

xiaowein is on a distinguished road
The local language for a foreign student is most important. And the vernacular is the first step to learn for a foreign student. I can taste your temper before you enter a foreign language school and now I’m a foreign student in Spain. There are some sites I can recommend to you, English language schools and Sprachaufenthalt , you can check them to find some foreign language to learn not only for entering foreign school but also for your interest.
Old November 13, 2007, 12:23 PM
rule 1: gravity

Native Language: English
poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough
learning fast

Learning something as big as a language cannot be done quickly, but basics can be learned easily. You will need to memorize common nouns,
and that is fairly easy for English because many Spanish nouns are similar yo those in English. Then you will need to memorize various verbs at least in the present tense. Important verbs like to be able to, to be, to look for,
to want. etc ... From those basic verbs and nouns you can begin chipping away at the rest of the language. You need patience and somebody or thing to interact with. A good dictionary like Tomísimo is a great help.
Pronunciation can be learned easily for some people. Obtaining song lyrics
and listening or singing along with the singer is helpful provided the singer
pronounces in a conventional manner (Luis Miguel por ejemplo)

Be persistant. It pays off.
Old November 14, 2007, 11:14 PM
Opal

sina is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by poli View Post
Learning something as big as a language cannot be done quickly, but basics can be learned easily. You will need to memorize common nouns,
and that is fairly easy for English because many Spanish nouns are similar yo those in English. Then you will need to memorize various verbs at least in the present tense. Important verbs like to be able to, to be, to look for,
to want. etc ... From those basic verbs and nouns you can begin chipping away at the rest of the language. You need patience and somebody or thing to interact with. A good dictionary like Tomísimo is a great help.
Pronunciation can be learned easily for some people. Obtaining song lyrics
and listening or singing along with the singer is helpful provided the singer
pronounces in a conventional manner (Luis Miguel por ejemplo)

Be persistant. It pays off.
Great advice, man, couldn't have said it better
Old November 16, 2007, 07:08 PM
Ruby

bleitzow is on a distinguished road
Hey Nix!

I am currently using the Rosetta Stone software package. To get levels 1, 2 and 3 is $500, but I paid for a 6-month online subscription for only $160. The cost difference is there are no materials with the subscription. I take lots of notes, and have created my own ways of testing myself. I created a spreadsheet as I learn the words and I also created my own flashcards.

I have been using it since September. I am currently on level 3. It has been a tremendous help to me, and well worth the money.

The software is complete submersion. There is no English at all. They show you a photo and then tell you in Spanish what it means. You see it, hear it, and say it. The software comes with a headset so that you can practice saying the words and it will tell you if you are saying them correctly.

There are times when the picture is not completely clear as to what they´re showing, and that´s when I come here. Everyone here has been tremendous at clearing things up for me.

Between the two, I have greatly improved my vocabulary, have retained things better, and have actually had two dreams in Spanish. I´ve never done that before.

Good luck!
Old April 14, 2008, 05:42 AM
Emerald

Location: Where the stork dropped me years ago, wish it had done it further north
Native Language: nominally:Spanish, emotionally:Engl
Iris is on a distinguished road
Great idea. Sounds most interesting.
Old April 14, 2008, 09:30 AM
rule 1: gravity

poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough
La motivación con el ayudo de alguien que alienta ayuda. Sin motivación,
todas la Rosettas y los mejores maestros no valen un bledo.

Poli

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: