Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Culture

I don't think I get it.....

Questions about culture and cultural differences between countries and languages.

Old April 07, 2009, 05:52 PM
Ruby

Native Language: Spanish
Pixter is on a distinguished road
I don't think I get it.....

I read this article but I still don't get why carrie embarrassed herself.. can someone tell me??

Before presenting Underwood with Entertainer of the Year, McConaughey told the audience how George Strait's boots once got him "lucky."
After collecting her trophy from him, Underwood was at a loss for words and blurted out: "I don't know what to say. I got nothin' ... I want to see those boots, Matthew."
Camila Alves - the mother of McConaughey's 8-month-old son Levi - was sitting in the audience.
Now, Underwood tells Fox News, "I'm so embarrassed, I totally embarrassed myself. I just blanked. You want to say something eloquent in a moment like that and I embarrassed myself."

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old April 07, 2009, 09:51 PM
rule 1: gravity

Native Language: English
poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixter View Post
I read this article but I still don't get why carrie embarrassed herself.. can someone tell me??

Before presenting Underwood with Entertainer of the Year, McConaughey told the audience how George Strait's boots once got him "lucky."
After collecting her trophy from him, Underwood was at a loss for words and blurted out: "I don't know what to say. I got nothin' ... I want to see those boots, Matthew."
Camila Alves - the mother of McConaughey's 8-month-old son Levi - was sitting in the audience.
Now, Underwood tells Fox News, "I'm so embarrassed, I totally embarrassed myself. I just blanked. You want to say something eloquent in a moment like that and I embarrassed myself."
Pixter, getting lucky, under certain circumstances means having the opportunity for sexual adventure with someone. All this reference to Levi and country music recalls the disgraceful and backward Sarah Palin and her unfortunate unwed 16 year-old daughter(who was obviously taught abstenence in her school's retrogressive sex ed program) and her newborn supposedly fathered by a boy also named Levi. Is the name Levi the Jethro of the new century? Well golly..
Apparently Underwood espressed her desires to undress McConauhey in front of his wife. This is definitely a story fit for Fox News and their trailer-park audience.

Last edited by poli; April 07, 2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old April 07, 2009, 10:36 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Castellano
chileno is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by poli View Post
Pixter, getting lucky, under certain circumstances means having the opportunity for sexual adventure with someone. All this reference to Levi and country music recalls the disgraceful and backward Sarah Palin and her unfortunate unwed 16 year-old daughter(who was obviously taught abstenence in her school's retrogressive sex ed program) and her newborn supposedly fathered by a boy also named Levi. Is the name Levi the Jethro of the new century? Well golly..
Apparently Underwood espressed her desires to undress McConauhey in front of his wife. This is definitely a story fit for Fox News and their trailer-park audience.

I think you are speaking too much Spanish...
Old April 08, 2009, 06:15 AM
rule 1: gravity

Native Language: English
poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough
Oh no I can't get either right. Perhaps I should look into Esperanto.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: