#1  
Old July 13, 2012, 10:22 AM
imrare imrare is offline
Opal
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3
imrare is on a distinguished road
Help for newbie

hello everyone, i'm trying to learn spanish only via dictionary,
but i really want to make 1 sentence like this

"Thank you God for creating miracle through my hands"

and so far i write this:

"gracias a dios por la creacion de milagro a traves de mi manos"

is that right?? i'm not sure tho
Reply With Quote
   
Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
  #2  
Old July 13, 2012, 11:49 AM
Rusty's Avatar
Rusty Rusty is online now
Señor Speedy
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 10,181
Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Welcome to the forums!

Learning Spanish isn't possible with just a dictionary. You'll need to learn how the vocabulary can be used together.

Here is the translation of the sentence you asked about (I assumed 'creating a miracle' is what you meant to type - if not, let us know, as the translation will change):

Gracias Dios por crear un milagro a través de mis manos.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old July 13, 2012, 12:40 PM
imrare imrare is offline
Opal
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3
imrare is on a distinguished road
yeah i realized that for these few days, so i start looking for practice on the internet and it brought me here

anyway thx for the respond

and oh yeah i think i made a mistake

it should be

"Thank you God for creating miracles through my hands"

so it's not just a miracle but so many...

maybe you can explain a little about how this words work on spain? like how come some words i found is a little different from yours ex: no 'a' in a Dios, and mi turn to mis. i really appreciate it
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old July 13, 2012, 12:59 PM
wrholt's Avatar
wrholt wrholt is offline
Sapphire
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 1,266
Native Language: US English
wrholt is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the Forums!

Chiming in:

Quote:
Originally Posted by imrare View Post
...
"Thank you God for creating miracle through my hands"

and so far i write this:

"gracias a dios por la creacion de milagro a traves de mi manos"
...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
...
Here is the translation of the sentence you asked about (I assumed 'creating a miracle' is what you meant to type - if not, let us know, as the translation will change):

Gracias Dios por crear un milagro a través de mis manos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imrare View Post
...
it should be

"Thank you God for creating miracles through my hands"

so it's not just a miracle but so many...

maybe you can explain a little about how this words work on spain? like how come some words i found is a little different from yours ex: no 'a' in a Dios, and mi turn to mis. i really appreciate it
The difference between "gracias Dios" (or perhaps "gracias, Dios") and "gracias a Dios" is similar to the difference between "Thank you God" and "Thanks to God". In the first one you are talking to God. In the second one you are talking to someone else.

One does not say "mi manos" because the adjective "mi" is the singular form of the adjective, but the noun "manos" is feminine plural: as adjectives must agree in both gender and number with their nouns, one must use the plural adjective "mis".
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old July 13, 2012, 01:16 PM
imrare imrare is offline
Opal
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3
imrare is on a distinguished road
ooow i see...

whoa this forum is going to help me a lot thank's a lot!

so for the word "Thank you God for creating miracles through my hands"

is it going to be "Gracias Dios por crear milagros a traves de mis manos" ?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old July 13, 2012, 06:09 PM
Rusty's Avatar
Rusty Rusty is online now
Señor Speedy
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 10,181
Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by imrare View Post
... is it going to be "Gracias Dios por crear milagros a través de mis manos"?
Yes!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark this thread at:

 

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Site Rules

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hi, Spanish newbie oscurochu Introductions 6 August 29, 2011 06:35 PM
Newbie erin21happy Introductions 11 May 10, 2011 08:54 PM
Newbie to this forum and Spanish Vortex Introductions 7 August 06, 2010 06:38 PM
Newbie traveler brianamorgan Introductions 6 July 01, 2009 03:34 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:30 AM.

Forum powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

X