Old September 11, 2010, 03:31 PM

Native Language: English, Chinese
Jessica is on a distinguished road
Gay Marriage

I hope this kind of discussion is allowed...

anyways, are you for or against gay marriage?

Personally I think there is NO good argument against it. It's not harming anyone and I see no problem with it. I am totally for it.

If two people love each other, why does gender have to matter?

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old September 11, 2010, 04:32 PM
Pearl

Native Language: American English
Chris is on a distinguished road
Marriage is a sacred union between a man and a woman. I think it should stay that way. There is nothing sacred about a man and a man or a woman and a woman getting married. The only reason they want it is because they were told the can't have it and insurance.

Honestly I don't know why most people get married. They have low morals so it's not like it's for the "sacred union" part. They rush into it also. Don't get to know the person. Two years later they realize they really didn't want this guy/girl and divorce. Now they are divorced looking for Mr. Right. They just like the idea of marriage.
Old September 11, 2010, 05:30 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Jessica.

This thread should be allowed here in the forums and over the society.
I haven't anything against the gay marriage.

As you have said if the people have love between themselves then no ones have the power for destroy the relationship.
Old September 11, 2010, 07:05 PM

Native Language: English, Chinese
Jessica is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Marriage is a sacred union between a man and a woman. I think it should stay that way. There is nothing sacred about a man and a man or a woman and a woman getting married. The only reason they want it is because they were told the can't have it and insurance.

Honestly I don't know why most people get married. They have low morals so it's not like it's for the "sacred union" part. They rush into it also. Don't get to know the person. Two years later they realize they really didn't want this guy/girl and divorce. Now they are divorced looking for Mr. Right. They just like the idea of marriage.
still, there's nothing wrong with a man getting with a man and a woman getting with a woman. they aren't harming anyone. Why should gender matter? and also, gay marriages end up in less divorces...
Old September 11, 2010, 08:39 PM
Sapphire

Native Language: Español(Argentina)
ookami is on a distinguished road
Chris, I can't see something sacred in a marriage between a woman and a man, would you lecture me in this matter?
Old September 11, 2010, 08:57 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Spanish (Castilian, peninsular)
JPablo is on a distinguished road
Ookami, I don't think it is a matter of "lecturing". I believe it is just a matter of "definitions", pure and simply.
Random House gives 10 definitions for "marriage", looks like #1 has to do with something "sacred" as it is performed as a "religious ceremony". And also sacred 3. pertaining to or connected with religion

1. the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc.
2. the state, condition, or relationship of being married; wedlock: a happy marriage.
3. the legal or religious ceremony that formalizes the decision of a man and woman to live as husband and wife, including the accompanying social festivities: to officiate at a marriage.

That there are a "civil" marriages, and there are gay marriages is a fact that it is being debated (I believe for political and manipulating reasons). I respect whoever considers it sacred, and most likely has a higher ethics level than the average society.

Opinions on the matter, like the Italians say, "de tutti i colori!"
Old September 11, 2010, 09:22 PM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
This topic is very controversial and personal opinions and convictions on it are usually inflexible and tend to be expressed too categorically. Please allow me to recommend holding this conversation in a friendly tone and showing tolerance to other people's views in order to keep this thread open.
Old September 11, 2010, 10:14 PM
Sapphire

Native Language: Español(Argentina)
ookami is on a distinguished road
Yes JPablo, I understand that. I wanted to know which is the view of the(es obligatorio este the?) religion about a "sacred marriage". How can I differenciate between a sacred marriage and a profane one when both marriages tell me they are sacred?
That is what I wanted to know from Chris Especially because he has a very curious argument, "they do it because they know they can't do it", but they can do it since long time ago to realize if it's true or no, and in antique Greece it was allowed and was quite popular, more than anything between intelligent people.
But quoting a good story I'd read: this is all non-sense! I recommend it to all of you, "The Breakout" by Joyce Cary
It's quite short.

*Since two months ago Argentina is the first country in Latin American with allowed gay marriage. (allowed???)
*Angélica,
Hidden Text: Show/Hide
Click to show hidden text - Da click para revelar el texto oculto

Last edited by ookami; September 11, 2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old September 11, 2010, 10:51 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Spanish (Castilian, peninsular)
JPablo is on a distinguished road
Understood, Ookami. (The "the" I believe it's optional, ie, "the view of religion" or "the view of the religion" may be both fine, probably, without "the".)

I am not totally sure about all the different kinds of "marriage" I remember, studying Spanish Middle Age literature, where there were 4 or 5 types of "marriage" which had to do with the "social stratum" of each couple... In googling "tipos de matrimonios" there are more than 31,000 hits... so it seems to be quite a subject.

(La mayoría empiezan con una serpiente... una boa.)

¿Sabe'h lo que e'h una boa?
Un casamiento andalú.
Y un 'casamiento' e' una cosa mu' sagrá'.

Old September 11, 2010, 11:11 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Yes Angelica.

It will be interesting if a person in the situation that is expressed here in the post he could opine about the thread.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: