#1  
Old February 01, 2010, 01:02 PM
CarmenCarmona CarmenCarmona is offline
Ruby
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Murcia, España
Posts: 99
Native Language: Español y Panocho!
CarmenCarmona is on a distinguished road
CarmenCarmona la que parece una empollona!

Top of the morning to ye! Any craic? (-making reference to my Irish background!-)

To begin with, I am 21, I'm Spanish and I live in Murcia (don't you dare to mess with my accent cos am quite proud of it and it doesn't interfere that much with my English accent haha)

I am in my 4th year studying 'English philology' at college and I found this site in a desperate attempt to avoid using my knowledge only for academic purposes and instead, to transmit it to others who might be interested in it, which is far more rewarding and fulfilling!

In turn, am sure I'll learn lots of things I don't know yet as well.

P.S: I hardly ever use 'emoticonos', so don't think I am being rude or whatever. Punctuation should meet my needs!
Reply With Quote
   
Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
  #2  
Old February 01, 2010, 01:36 PM
Perikles's Avatar
Perikles Perikles is offline
Diamond
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tenerife
Posts: 4,814
Native Language: Inglés
Perikles is on a distinguished road
A belated welcome. Do you have an Irish accent as well as a Murcian one?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old February 02, 2010, 02:40 AM
irmamar's Avatar
irmamar irmamar is offline
Diamond
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,071
Native Language: Español
irmamar is on a distinguished road
Hola, empollona

A mí sí que me gustan los emoticones
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old February 02, 2010, 03:23 AM
Here4good Here4good is offline
Pearl
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: En un pueblo grande cerca de Madrid
Posts: 198
Native Language: inglés/ British English
Here4good is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarmenCarmona View Post
Top of the morning to ye! Any craic? (-making reference to my Irish background!-)

To begin with, I am 21, I'm Spanish and I live in Murcia (don't you dare to mess with my accent cos am quite proud of it and it doesn't interfere that much with my English accent haha)

I am in my 4th year studying 'English philology' at college and I found this site in a desperate attempt to avoid using my knowledge only for academic purposes and instead, to transmit it to others who might be interested in it, which is far more rewarding and fulfilling!

In turn, am sure I'll learn lots of things I don't know yet as well.

P.S: I hardly ever use 'emoticonos', so don't think I am being rude or whatever. Punctuation should meet my needs!
Hola!
Veo que tienes un nivel muy alto de inglés. ¡¿Esto es gracias a que tienes familia irlandesa o que has estudiado mucho!?
Espero que tengas la oportunidad de utilizar tu inglés aquí, y yo practicar Castellano.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old February 02, 2010, 06:51 AM
CarmenCarmona CarmenCarmona is offline
Ruby
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Murcia, España
Posts: 99
Native Language: Español y Panocho!
CarmenCarmona is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perikles View Post
A belated welcome. Do you have an Irish accent as well as a Murcian one?
Weird as it might seem, I've learnt British English for 12 years and I lived in Ireland for an academic year and yet, my accent sounds American-like.

However, may I inform you that the English which is spoken in the region of Leinster is considered as the most prestigious one, just in case you looked down on it for some reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irmamar View Post
Hola, empollona

A mí sí que me gustan los emoticones
Y a mi me gusta q tú los uses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here4good View Post
Hola!
Veo que tienes un nivel muy alto de inglés. ¡¿Esto es gracias a que tienes familia irlandesa o que has estudiado mucho!?
Espero que tengas la oportunidad de utilizar tu inglés aquí, y yo practicar Castellano.
Pues se debe a las dos cosas: a que viví un año en Irlanda con una 'host-family' cuando tenía 15 años y a que, después, me he dedicado básicamente a estudiar inglés!

Yo espero lo mismo! Gracias por la bienvenida!

Last edited by AngelicaDeAlquezar; February 02, 2010 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old February 02, 2010, 07:35 AM
Jessica's Avatar
Jessica Jessica is offline
...
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 8,187
Native Language: English, Chinese
Jessica is on a distinguished road
bienvenida
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old February 02, 2010, 09:33 AM
CarmenCarmona CarmenCarmona is offline
Ruby
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Murcia, España
Posts: 99
Native Language: Español y Panocho!
CarmenCarmona is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
bienvenida
Muchas gracias!
Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Site Rules

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Una conversación con una guardián hoy!! laepelba General Chat 43 November 10, 2009 07:12 PM
Les parece que los habitantes.... tacuba Translations 3 October 06, 2009 07:42 PM
¿Te parece bien? irmamar Translations 14 September 08, 2009 11:40 AM
Parece como tonto pero sin el como ROBINDESBOIS Idioms & Sayings 11 July 20, 2009 07:03 PM
Uña DailyWord Daily Spanish Word 5 June 07, 2008 04:24 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:47 AM.

Forum powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

X