#1  
Old August 27, 2007, 09:34 AM
Tomisimo's Avatar
Tomisimo Tomisimo is offline
Davidísimo
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: North America
Posts: 5,569
Native Language: American English
Tomisimo will become famous soon enoughTomisimo will become famous soon enough
Language Identifier

Have you ever run across some text and you didn't know what language it was? We now have a new Language Guesser that will help you guess the language of the text you put in it. Let me know how you like it.

¿Alguna vez te has encontrado un text y no sabías en qué idioma estaba escrito? Ya tenemos un Identificador de Idiomas que te ayudará a adivinar el idioma del text que ingresas. Déjame saberlo si te gusta.
__________________
If you find something wrong with my Spanish, please correct it!
Reply With Quote
   
Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
  #2  
Old August 28, 2007, 12:06 PM
Jaqui's Avatar
Jaqui Jaqui is offline
Ruby
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 75
Jaqui is on a distinguished road
Hey Tomisimo good job that's pretty cool. It's going to be useful for me too, becuase I sometimes need to find out what language a certain message is written in.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old August 28, 2007, 01:54 PM
Elaina's Avatar
Elaina Elaina is offline
Diamond
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,565
Native Language: English
Elaina will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

This is sooooooo NEAT!!

Elaina
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old August 28, 2007, 02:41 PM
HAOLE BOY HAOLE BOY is offline
Ruby
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 50
HAOLE BOY is on a distinguished road
Hey, I typed in some Hawaiian words and it told me it was Swahili. So maybe you do have to enter in specific sentences then...
__________________
QUE LOS ENCHILADAS!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old August 29, 2007, 10:12 AM
sosia's Avatar
sosia sosia is offline
Ankh-Morpork's citizen
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: a 55 cm del monitor
Posts: 2,984
Native Language: Spanish (Spain)
sosia has a spectacular aura aboutsosia has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAOLE BOY View Post
Hey, I typed in some Hawaiian words and it told me it was Swahili. So maybe you do have to enter in specific sentences then...
I typed japananese and was also swahili :-D
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old August 29, 2007, 11:45 AM
redbeard's Avatar
redbeard redbeard is offline
Ruby
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Inglaterra
Posts: 33
Native Language: inglés
redbeard is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomisimo View Post
Have you ever run across some text and you didn't know what language it was? We now have a new Language Guesser that will help you guess the language of the text you put in it. Let me know how you like it.

¿Alguna vez te has encontrado un text y no sabías en qué idioma estaba escrito? Ya tenemos un Identificador de Idiomas que te ayudará a adivinar el idioma del text que ingresas. Déjame saberlo si te gusta.
I'm fairly good at identifying languages, although I do say so myself!

I'm almost tempted to add: Go on, try me!
__________________
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old August 30, 2007, 06:26 PM
Tomisimo's Avatar
Tomisimo Tomisimo is offline
Davidísimo
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: North America
Posts: 5,569
Native Language: American English
Tomisimo will become famous soon enoughTomisimo will become famous soon enough
Yes, it needs a sentence of about 10 words (or more) for it to be reliable. If you only put in a couple of words, you're going to get some pretty random results.
__________________
If you find something wrong with my Spanish, please correct it!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old August 30, 2007, 08:19 PM
redbeard's Avatar
redbeard redbeard is offline
Ruby
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Inglaterra
Posts: 33
Native Language: inglés
redbeard is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomisimo View Post
Yes, it needs a sentence of about 10 words (or more) for it to be reliable. If you only put in a couple of words, you're going to get some pretty random results.
If it doesn't recognise sűrűség by itself as Hungarian then it still needs work!
__________________
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old August 30, 2007, 08:20 PM
redbeard's Avatar
redbeard redbeard is offline
Ruby
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Inglaterra
Posts: 33
Native Language: inglés
redbeard is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeard View Post
If it doesn't recognise sűrűség by itself as Hungarian then it still needs work!
I'll admit it took me a bit of hunting to find a word in Hungarian with a double-acute accent, just so I could say that!
__________________
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark this thread at:

 

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Site Rules


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:50 AM.

Forum powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

X