Hacer Pregunta

Crear un tema
Retroceder   Foros para el aprendizaje de inglés y español > La sala de Tomísimo > Charla Libre
Registrarse Ayuda Comunidad Calendario Temas de Hoy Buscar PenpalsTraductor

For people who have had formal Spanish educations

Aquí habla de lo que quieras, sólo pórtate bien.

Respuesta

Herramientas Desplegado
Antiguo June 29, 2009, 02:24 AM
literacola literacola no está en línea
Pearl

Primera Lengua: American English
literacola is on a distinguished road
For people who have had formal Spanish educations

Hey everyone,

I am starting my first semester at UC Davis this fall, and I have placed into Spanish Composition I via the language placement test. I am wondering if anyone has taken a Spanish Composition course and can let me know what I should expect. I have only taken two semesters of Spanish at my Community College, and I am not sure I am prepared to take the course. Technically I should be taking two lower division Spanish courses, covering the imperfect, future, conditional, and present subjunctive in depth, but I have tested out of both of them. I just want to make sure I am not getting in over my head, so if anyone with experience in college level courses could help me out with more information on what to expect I would be very thankful.

Thanks
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo June 29, 2009, 05:34 AM
poli poli no está en línea
rule 1: gravity

Primera Lengua: English
poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough
You will know within the first days of the class if you are in over your head. If the class is all Spanish-speaking and all the students are Latinos, and the professor makes no concessions to English speakers, you may want to opt out early. because it will be hard to get a good grade.

If the class is conducted in English and Spanish,(and there are concessions made for English speakers) it can be of great help to you.
Antiguo June 29, 2009, 01:04 PM
CrOtALiTo CrOtALiTo no está en línea
Diamond

Primera Lengua: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
I have the same problem, this week, I'm going to take a quiz in the school Harmoll hall, but also I'm not pretty sure if can to ready in the quiz, therefore I'm asking help with the language of course English, but to way oral, I mean, I need to improve my English with someone to way spook out in the school the teacher will applying me a quiz write and spook even although I know that have written during most to 1 year in English even I don't feeling me so sure of myself.

May someone help me with it.?
Antiguo June 29, 2009, 01:06 PM
Jessica Jessica no está en línea

Primera Lengua: English, Chinese
Jessica is on a distinguished road
Cita:
Escrito originalmente por CrOtALiTo Ver Mensaje
I have the same problem, this week, I'm going to take a quiz in the school Harmoll hall, but also I'm not pretty sure if can to ready in the quiz, therefore I'm asking help with the language of course English, but to way oral, I mean, I need to improve my English with someone to way spook out in the school the teacher will applying me a quiz write and spook even although I know that have written during most to 1 year in English even I don't feeling me so sure of myself.

May someone help me with it.?

We will all help you Good luck on the quiz
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo June 29, 2009, 04:21 PM
CrOtALiTo CrOtALiTo no está en línea
Diamond

Primera Lengua: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Cita:
Escrito originalmente por jchen Ver Mensaje
We will all help you Good luck on the quiz
Thank you very much.
Antiguo June 30, 2009, 01:15 AM
irmamar irmamar no está en línea
Diamond

Primera Lengua: Español
irmamar is on a distinguished road
Good luck, Crotalito! And think than it's easier to say or write short sentences than longer ones.
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo June 30, 2009, 12:34 PM
Tomisimo Tomisimo no está en línea
Davidísimo

Primera Lengua: American English
Tomisimo will become famous soon enoughTomisimo will become famous soon enough
Cita:
Escrito originalmente por literacola Ver Mensaje
Hey everyone,

I am starting my first semester at UC Davis this fall, and I have placed into Spanish Composition I via the language placement test. I am wondering if anyone has taken a Spanish Composition course and can let me know what I should expect. I have only taken two semesters of Spanish at my Community College, and I am not sure I am prepared to take the course. Technically I should be taking two lower division Spanish courses, covering the imperfect, future, conditional, and present subjunctive in depth, but I have tested out of both of them. I just want to make sure I am not getting in over my head, so if anyone with experience in college level courses could help me out with more information on what to expect I would be very thankful.

Thanks
Sign up for the composition class and another class. Go to both of them. After one or two class sessions you should easily be able to tell if you're in over your head and you can drop one of the classes the first week.

Aside from the two semesters of Spanish at community college, have you studied Spanish before? How were your two semesters? Did you enjoy it? Did you go out of your way to learn more than you were supposed to? Did you seek out people to practice with? In my opinion, the question of if it's going to be over your head or not has more to do with your will/desire/motivation to learn that it does with your current level of knowledge.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: 

Normas de Publicación