Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Practice & Homework
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Help on checking these paragraphs

Practice Spanish or English here. All replies to a thread should be in the same language as the first post.

Old June 02, 2011, 09:59 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Castellano
aleCcowaN is on a distinguished road
Help on checking these paragraphs

Como parte de mis recién retomados estudios de inglés, solicito si alguien puede hacerme el gran favor de revisar los siguientes párrafos por errores gramaticales, de vocabulario y de estilo. Se trata de una respuesta airada que di en otro foro.

«I can´t found any user name "calvin_n_hobbes" outside About.com, so you might be changing names, what wouldn't surprise me in the least as your deeply egotistical yet naive approach isn't one that yields answers but one that wears off forum communities.

Nobody answers you in a forum. We answer you and the other hundred who will find the thread in the future looking for something similar then getting benefit from it. Besides, in language fora people explain things from an out-of-the-box perspective, so you won't find here the Sam-I-am translation of your current textbooks and workbooks, nor Spanish would bend over backwards and simplify itself in order you to grasp it.

Your "I asked SagittaDei to follow up on his statements, and received nothing." says it all. Nobody with the slightest shred of self-respect would follow up the demands of such a spoiled brat just because the expectation of His Royal Mofo being pleased in the end and willing to dignify them with a signal of approval and fulfillment.»

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old June 02, 2011, 11:47 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Inglés
Perikles is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleCcowaN View Post
Como parte de mis recién retomados estudios de inglés, solicito si alguien puede hacerme el gran favor de revisar los siguientes párrafos por errores gramaticales, de vocabulario y de estilo. Se trata de una respuesta airada que di en otro foro.

«I can´t found any user name "calvin_n_hobbes" outside About.com, so you might be changing names, what which wouldn't surprise me in the least as your deeply egotistical yet naive approach isn't one that yields answers but one that wears off down forum communities.

Nobody answers you in a forum. We answer you (you have just said nobody this sentence makes no sense)and the other hundred who will find the thread in the future looking for something similar then getting benefit from it. Besides, in language fora (insert comma) people explain things from an out-of-the-box perspective, so you won't find here the Sam-I-am translation of your current textbooks and workbooks, nor would Spanish would bend over backwards and simplify itself in order for you to grasp it.

Your "I asked SagittaDei to follow up on his statements, and received nothing." says it all. Nobody with the slightest shred of self-respect would follow up the demands of such a spoiled brat just because of the expectation of His Royal Mofo being pleased in the end and willing to dignify them with a signal of approval and fulfillment.»
I don't understand the one sentence, otherwise small changes.
Old June 02, 2011, 12:03 PM
Sapphire

Native Language: US English
wrholt is on a distinguished road
Quote:

«I can´t found find any user name "calvin_n_hobbes" outside About.com, so you might be changing names, what which wouldn't surprise me in the least as your deeply egotistical yet naive approach isn't one that yields answers but one that wears off (wears out your welcome) in forum communities.

Nobody answers you in a forum. We answer you and the other hundred (people) who will find the thread in the future looking for something similar then getting benefit from it. Besides, in language fora people explain things from an out-of-the-box perspective, so you won't find here the Sam-I-am translation of your current textbooks and workbooks, nor or (that) Spanish would (will) bend over backwards and simplify itself in order for you to grasp it.

Your "I asked SagittaDei to follow up on his statements, and received nothing." says it all. Nobody with the slightest shred of self-respect would follow up the demands of such a spoiled brat just because of the expectation of His Royal Mofo being pleased in the end and willing to dignify them with a signal of approval and fulfillment.»
It's generally fine. Okay items (with style suggestions), (optional items that may improve readability), and wrong item with correction or missing item.

Questions?
Old June 02, 2011, 01:49 PM
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perikles View Post
I don't understand the one sentence, otherwise small changes.
Thank you so much . I was trying to say that nobody answers only for the sake of the thread opener but for the value added, later available to a wider public.

In Spanish it makes perfect sense: "nadie te contesta a ti, sino que todos te contestamos a ti junto a cientos de ...." (many people write "tí" because it's very stressed). But I must confess I have no idea about how to lay out a sentence like that in English.

Sorry for the angry text to check, but that SOB forista put my nose out of joint saying that everybody had fed him only gibberish in several forums; that he'd thank once he had got a proper and useful answer; and this is just the tip of the iceberg ....
Old June 02, 2011, 02:01 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Inglés
Perikles is on a distinguished road
Quote:
In Spanish it makes perfect sense: "nadie te contesta a ti, sino que todos te contestamos a ti junto a cientos de ...." (many people write "tí" because it's very stressed).
How about: Nobody responds directly to you in a forum. We answer you merely as one of the hundred who will find the thread in the future looking for something similar ..
Old June 02, 2011, 02:05 PM
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrholt View Post
It's generally fine. Okay items (with style suggestions), (optional items that may improve readability), and wrong item with correction or missing item.

Questions?
Thank you very much .

I hate saying "I can't found" instead of "I couldn't find" but sometimes it's like I can't help it. But when I read "I can't found" it is absolutely senseless to me and the kind of mistake I'd never make D'oh! [ -¿Cómo puedo agradecerte cerebro? - No golpeándome cuando salgas del automóvil -D'oh! ]

I'm gonna make a deep analysis of both sets of corrections and suggestions to try to identify the way I make those mistakes -what I'm thinking or what I'm mistaken about how English works- and what I have to develop further.

Thank you again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perikles View Post
How about: Nobody responds directly to you in a forum. We answer you merely as one of the hundred who will find the thread in the future looking for something similar ..
Excellent! I will start in my notebook a list of useful paragraph starting from this. My problem is that I have almost no auditory memory so my whole memory fails and I try to reinvent the wheel again and again with funny results.

Last edited by AngelicaDeAlquezar; June 02, 2011 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts
Old June 02, 2011, 02:30 PM
rule 1: gravity

Native Language: English
poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough
Quote:

«I can´t find any user named "calvin_n_hobbes" outside About.com, so you might be changing names. This wouldn't surprise me in the least as your deeply egotistical yet naive approach isn't one that yields answers, but one that wears the patience of forum communities.

Nobody answers you in a forum. If we do, we only answer you for the benefit of others who may find the thread useful in the future. Besides, in language fora, people explain things from an out-of-the-box perspective, so you won't find here the Sam-I-am translation of your current textbooks and workbooks. The Spanish language isn't going to bed over backwards and simplify itself in order for you to grasp it.

Your "I asked SagittaDei to follow up on his statements, and received nothing." says it all. Nobody with the slightest shred of self-respect would dignify your unrealistic demands with an answer for fear of encouraging your overblown ego.»
What a put down!
Your communication is very good but poisonous. Focus on word enconomy. Contemporary readers like that.
Old June 02, 2011, 03:18 PM
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by poli View Post
What a put down!
Sí ¡flor de felpeada!

Thank you a lot for the suggestions [More to analyze ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by poli View Post
Your communication is very good but poisonous. Focus on word enconomy. Contemporary readers like that.
Well, poisonous communications are good replies to deleterious misbehaviors in web forums. But the matter to me is that the only time I think in English is when I write in a bit of a rage, so you might find me there where a verbal brawl exists in the web.
Old June 02, 2011, 05:34 PM
Diamond

chileno is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thank you very much .

I hate saying "I can't found" instead of "I couldn't find" but sometimes it's like I can't help it. But when I read "I can't found" it is absolutely senseless to me and the kind of mistake I'd never make D'oh! [ -¿Cómo puedo agradecerte cerebro? - No golpeándome cuando salgas del automóvil -D'oh! ]

I'm gonna make a deep analysis of both sets of corrections and suggestions to try to identify the way I make those mistakes -what I'm thinking or what I'm mistaken about how English works- and what I have to develop further.

Thank you again!
And to make it worse, when writing it at the computer the "i" is next to the "o"

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: