Old January 20, 2009, 07:02 PM

Native Language: English, Chinese
Jessica is on a distinguished road
Angry Would you call this "abusing"?

Long ago when I lived in WI and I was in 6th grade (elementary school over there), I told my teacher that my mom hits me with either a metal ruler or a big stick.
Well, I got in big trouble.

She still does it. To me and my brothers. She does it when we get into trouble. yeah, it's bad what we did, but why does she have to HIT US?

Is that abusing?

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old January 20, 2009, 08:44 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Look, nowadays there are people who uses even this methods with the children, to my own opinion, if the so was the education of the person in this case is your mother had a educations similar to the currently is applying with you, then if she had an education for her parents, then I'm at most sure that she will does the same with her sons, then I know these methods currently does not used for the parents alt least my parents never hit me with anything or other thing that could cause some kind or injury then, you must to be more educate with your parents if you don't want get a hit for part of them.

Only I expressed my hint or opinion above, and I'm not saying anything upon your mother.
Old January 21, 2009, 06:06 AM
rule 1: gravity

Native Language: English
poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough
Corporal punishment has fallen out of favor in the western world in the past 60 years. It used to be acceptable even for teachers to punish their children this way. Now they would lose their jobs, and even be fined.

Different cultures may look at corporal punishment in different ways. Your mom and dad may really love you, but maybe that was they way they were tought to raise children. Try not to let it get you down. You have a lot to look forward to because you're are a big girl now and soon you will go to college (if you want to) and start a life of your own, and you will be free of that kind of dicipline. If you have children in the future, remember what Crotalito wrote. You shouldn't hit your kids with objects--even spanking is disapproved of by many these days.
Old January 21, 2009, 06:23 AM

ok.
if I have kids I will never spank them (but I don't want any kids)

Thanks.
Old January 21, 2009, 08:49 AM
Diamond

Yes, sixty years ago, the teacher used this technical of punishment for the children, but nowadays they can't do it, because they would lose their job, either my country either in other country mustn't used that technical with the children or (demons), upss I'm sorry, just I have kidded with you, yes as Poli said before, you will have some day son then you will opportunity of educate your own son, but never but you listen me never, you punish or hit to your son, because if you want a kid health of his mind, then you don't realize anything upon them.
Old January 22, 2009, 12:05 AM
Ankh-Morpork's citizen

Native Language: Spanish (Spain)
sosia has a spectacular aura aboutsosia has a spectacular aura about
I think poli and Crotalito are right.
You're a big girl now, so your mom can not have now many reasons to hit you, and , as you says, it is when you get into trouble. If you think you're being abused, try to talk with her to hit less, because I think your mum really loves you but she has "old fashioned" ways of raising children.

If you REALLY think you're being under abuse, then speak with your teacher, but remember you will be again in a big trouble, so it must be worth. Being in an inquiry about children abuse it's no good for a family.
And remember. If you don't like it, don't do it to your children.

Saludos
Old January 25, 2009, 03:50 PM

thanks guys but my parents don't love me. neither do my brothers.
they make me cry a lot. they don't tell me they love me. no, never.
Old January 25, 2009, 04:28 PM
Diamond

Jchen, it does not meaning, your parents does not loves you, either yours brothers, if you want to listen to your parents telling you, they love you, then you should speak with them, because each parent loves to their children, in my own case, I love to my children, never I will said the contrary to that, then if you never hear them telling you this (My son, I love you), then, now you must speak with them, so you will can prove the that you are saying us now, don't worry, I know, your parents loves you, I know because I'm father, I know that meaning to be a father, I have two kids, and I love them so much, they are my reason to live, they are every in my live.

Last edited by CrOtALiTo; January 25, 2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old January 25, 2009, 05:50 PM

my brothers definitely don't love me they think love is digusting.
Old January 25, 2009, 06:10 PM
Diamond

Don't worry, they are in a wrong definitely then, you must not believe every, they don't know the said above that.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: