Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Other Languages > Other Languages
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Esperanto Encounter

Being the language lovers that we are... A place to talk about, or write in languages other than Spanish and English.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 26, 2011, 08:23 PM
Sapphire

Native Language: US English
wrholt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPX View Post
In case anyone's interested, I just finished the Esperanto course I mentioned above.

It's interesting stuff. I was able to get through it in about 16 days, but I can't say it was easy. There are some concepts which are pretty confusing and foreign, and I will definitely have to go back and study some things more thoroughly to really have it down.
Congratulations! My own "study" was nearly 20 years ago, before the advent of on-line courses. However, I used the Brita Esperanta Asocio self-teaching book to learn the fundamentals and also bought their dictionary, which I found useful when I ran into unfamiliar roots while reading magazines that I subscribed to for a few years. While there was a local club at that time (and for all I know there might still be a local club), I never pursued participation in their activities, so that I can puzzle out something written in Esperanto easily enough but I have to work really hard to speak, write, or understand speech.

Quote:
But I do think the idea behind Esperanto is compelling and I'm encouraged by the very active and vibrant community that surrounds the language. I'm going to keep pursuing it and march toward becoming truly conversational, if not fluent.
Nice! Do you know whether there's a reasonably-active local club near you?

Quote:
If anyone else is also interested, let me know. It would be nice to have someone to discuss the subject with.
I'm interested enough to be happy to discuss the subject with you. I'm not ready to try improving my own skills right now, thouth that could easily change at any time.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: