Hacer Pregunta

Crear un tema
Retroceder   Foros para el aprendizaje de inglés y español > La enseñanza y el aprendizaje > La enseñanza y el aprendizaje
Registrarse Ayuda Comunidad Calendario Temas de Hoy Buscar PenpalsTraductor

Spanish Erre (R)

Metodología didáctica, técnicas para aprender, la lingüística-- todo cosa relacionada con el aprendizaje y enseñanza de un idioma extranjero.

Respuesta

Herramientas Desplegado
Antiguo January 28, 2009, 06:56 PM
Rusty Rusty no está en línea
Señor Speedy

Primera Lengua: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
I use this approach with speakers of American English. I don't know how he pronounces better, so I chose not to mention it to him.
Responder Con Cita

Quita esta publicidad al registrarte con una cuenta gratuita en Tomísimo.
Antiguo January 28, 2009, 07:21 PM
CrOtALiTo CrOtALiTo no está en línea
Diamond

Primera Lengua: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
I think, you could to say Tee, Tee, that in really you are saying TT, I don't know if I'm correct or better said, If I'm explaining you well this topic.
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo January 28, 2009, 07:34 PM
Señor Speedy

Crotalito, if you're not a native speaker of American English, you won't understand what we're talking about. In colloquial American English, during normal conversation, we pronounce the double tt sound in the word better exactly like you pronounce the r in the Spanish word era.
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo January 29, 2009, 09:05 PM
Planet hopper Planet hopper no está en línea
Pearl

Primera Lengua: Irish-Canadian English and Andalusian Spanish.
Planet hopper is on a distinguished road
I agree, Rusty, it's very similar, any inter-vocalic t, like water, what a day

Not long ago there was another thread on pronouncing the r, the one we ended up putting youtube videos, and tongue twisters.

Here's the link:

http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthread.php?t=2824&page=2

Última edición por Planet hopper fecha: January 29, 2009 a las 09:10 PM
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo January 31, 2009, 04:18 PM
Tomisimo Tomisimo no está en línea
Davidísimo

Tomisimo will become famous soon enoughTomisimo will become famous soon enough
Cita:
Escrito originalmente por literacola Ver Mensaje
Start by saying the word better over and over and note the position of your tongue when you say the double tt. Immediately switch to saying the word era until your tongue is in that same position while on the letter r in era.

They are almost the exact same sound. This is how I learned. Once you get it right you will know because the position of your tongue feels exactly the same.
Remember that's only helpful for speakers of North American English, because we have what's called the North American flap or North American tap which is an alveolar tap where the tongue taps the alveolar ridge. In other versions of English, they don't use this. For example, when I say "battery", it's 3 syllables (ba-du-ree), but for other speakers, principally of British English, it would be 2 syllables (ba-tree).
Antiguo January 31, 2009, 06:21 PM
abbey abbey no está en línea
Opal

Primera Lengua: English
abbey is on a distinguished road
Quote: Remember that's only helpful for speakers of North American English, because we have what's called the North American flap or North American tap which is an alveolar tap where the tongue taps the alveolar ridge. In other versions of English, they don't use this. For example, when I say "battery", it's 3 syllables (ba-du-ree), but for other speakers, principally of British English, it would be 2 syllables (ba-tree). end quote.
Actually I tried this method after I read it, and I say "better" with the "t" sounding like a "t", not an "r". If it was meant to be sounded as an "r" then it should be spelt with an "r". There is no accounting though, for some areas to distort English. Anyway back to using "better" with a t sound, and then I tried "era" and it works very well. My "r" then sounds just like the spanish "r". Thats great.
Incidentally, I say "battery" exactly as it is spelt. bat-ter-y, and sound the t as a t. I found when I was learning Spanish, it was very consistent with its rules, and everything was pronounced. Even though English does have a lot of weirdly pronounced words, it is a pity to make it worse using "common usage" as an excuse. I admit I will probably be boo-ed down, so please don't bother. This is just my point of view, as everyone is entitled to.
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo January 31, 2009, 06:50 PM
Señor Speedy

Welcome to the forums, Abbey! I believe you're our only Australian.

Just for your future reference, if you click the button marked Quote, the text someone else wrote is automatically included in your post.
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo January 31, 2009, 08:44 PM
abbey abbey no está en línea
Opal

Primera Lengua: English
abbey is on a distinguished road
Cita:
Escrito originalmente por Rusty Ver Mensaje
Welcome to the forums, Abbey! I believe you're our only Australian.

Just for your future reference, if you click the button marked Quote, the text someone else wrote is automatically included in your post.
Yes, thanks for that. And I am just seeing all the smileys to the right, that I didn't see before. I used the keyboard colon and bracket.

And we could get some nice differences in pronunciation too. Most of the Australians do not speak like Paul Hogan (a movie actor a few decads ago, very famous then as Crocodile Dundee), he overemphasised the "ockker" aspect, I would suggest an accent like Nicole Kidman's is "good" Australian. Actually, there is some English here in Australia, one which is spoken so fast, with word endings clipped, that I cannot understand, now that can't be said to be a good model. However, it just goes to show there are so many variations even within the same country.
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo January 31, 2009, 08:45 PM
CrOtALiTo CrOtALiTo no está en línea
Diamond

Primera Lengua: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
For that reason, I putted in my previous post, what I didn't know if I was explaining you exactly well the questions, I'm sorry for the commentary.
Antiguo January 31, 2009, 11:01 PM
baraklevy baraklevy no está en línea
Opal

baraklevy is on a distinguished road
Well I'm from Israel, so even pronouncing the American R is difficult for me. I'm not quite sure if I know what you're talking about, since I'm not sure if I'm pronouncing my T in the word "better" well (Should I say "well" or "good"?).
Responder Con Cita
Respuesta

Etiquetas
ll, pronunciation, rhyme, rr, spelling, tongue twister, trabalenguas

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: 

Normas de Publicación