Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Translations
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Hi

If you need help translating a sentence or longer piece of text, use this forum. For translations or definitions of a single word or idiom, use the vocabulary forum.

Old December 09, 2009, 09:42 AM
Ruby

Native Language: english
danny is on a distinguished road
Question Hi

hi,
I have a thing, and I hope someone can tell me which is correct! I am embarrassed tho as someone might think it is silly. I know a really nice girl and shes mexican and i love them. I wanted to tell her something and I have been tryin to learn spanish on my own for months now and it is hard for me. I have prepared what I want to say, by myself, and when I translated it...hahahah!!
there is now no question why people laugh to me! I hope someone can help me,

this is what I want to tell her.

"I have been learning spanish on my own, for the day I find a nice mexican girl so I can tell her something nice in her own language. I tried once before but she laughed at me because I sounded silly. this hurt me here in my heart and make me afraid to try again. But you are nice and I think you would not laugh.
i like you. I think about you all the time. you are very important to me. I'm finished now.

This is how I prepared it in spanish on my own,

"Trato de aprender español yo mismo por el día que encuentro a una chica mexicana agradable. Yo la digo que algo agradable en su propio idioma. Trato una vez antes de pero ella se rió de mí porque yo sano tonto. esta herida mí aquí en mi corazón y me hace atemorizado tratar otra vez
Yo le quiero. Pienso de usted todo el tiempo. usted es muy importante a mí. Soy terminado ahora. "

and this is what the online translator said hahahah!

"I try to learn Spaniard i by the day that I find a pleasant Mexican girl.
I say it that somewhat pleasant in its own language. I try once before but she laughed at me because I healthy foolish. this injury me here in my heart and he causes he frightened me to treat again,
I want him. I think of you all the time. you are very important to me. I am finished now. "

Ey!!!! do not want to say that to her, if that is a right translation!!!!!!!!
can someone help me? or maybe have a better thing to say? am I in the wrong forum? I am sorry, I am excited and nervous here.

danny

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old December 09, 2009, 11:25 AM
Ruby

Native Language: English
ChicadeJeep is on a distinguished road
Hi danny,

Though I am a learner myself and cannot help you, I wanted to let you know not to be nervous about asking anything here, and go forward with confidence - if you do something or ask something with confidence then it will be easier for you. Everyone I have come across is extremely helpful and welcoming!

Kelsey
Old December 09, 2009, 12:07 PM
Ruby

Thats good to know, thanks!
Old December 09, 2009, 12:26 PM
Emerald

hermit is on a distinguished road
Hola, Danny - welcome.

My Spanish is somewhat academic, but you'll find excellent Mexican input
around here and that would make for nicer messaging.

By the way, your Spanish is well along in fluency - how long studying?

Hermit
Old December 09, 2009, 01:17 PM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny View Post
[...]

"I have been learning spanish on my own, for the day I find a nice mexican girl so I can tell her something nice in her own language. I tried once before but she laughed at me because I sounded silly. this hurt me here in my heart and make me afraid to try again. But you are nice and I think you would not laugh.
i like you. I think about you all the time. you are very important to me. I'm finished now.

"Trato de aprender español yo mismo por para el día que encuentro encuentre a una chica mexicana agradable. Yo la digo que algo agradable y pueda decirle algo bonito* en su propio idioma. TratoYa traté una vez antes de pero ella se rió de mí porque yo sano soné tonto. esta herida mí aquí Esto me hirió en mi el corazón y me hace atemorizado atemoriza tratar otra vez.
Pero tú eres amable y creo que no vas a reírte.
Yo le te quiero**. Pienso de usted en ti todo el tiempo. usted es Eres*** muy importante a mí. Soy terminado ahora Ya terminé. "

[...]
Nice sentences.

*"agradable" and "agradable" doesn't sound "nice" in Spanish... that's why one of them was changed to "bonito".

**"I like you" could be better said "Me gustas". "Te quiero" is closer to "I love you".

***I think if you're telling this to her, "tú" is a better pronoun than "usted".
Old December 09, 2009, 01:18 PM
rule 1: gravity

Native Language: English
poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough
Yo estudio español solo sin la ayuda de profesor esperando el día en que puedo decir algo agradable a una señorita mexicana en su propia lengua. Traté de hacerlo antes pero me burló de mi porque a lo mejor soné ridículo. Quedé decepcionado y mortificado. Ahora tengo miedo de tratar de hablar otra vez.

Try saying this:
A mi me caes muy bien y pienso en ti mucho. Eres una persona muy importante en mi vida.

Oops .. Angela beat me to it and she's a native speaker. I'm not.

Last edited by poli; December 09, 2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old December 09, 2009, 02:24 PM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by poli View Post
Yo estudio español solo, sin la ayuda de un profesor, esperando el día en que pueda decirle algo agradable a una señorita mexicana en su propia lengua. Traté de hacerlo antes pero se burló de mí porque a lo mejor soné ridículo. Quedé decepcionado y mortificado. Ahora tengo miedo de tratar de hablar otra vez.

[...]

A mí me caes muy bien y pienso en ti mucho en ti. Eres una persona muy importante en mi vida.

[...]

I like Poli's version.

I only made some small corrections.
Old December 09, 2009, 03:10 PM
Ruby

wow! you guys are so awesome and nice!!!!! lets see....

"hermit"... Ive been studying on my own since this past July. I took spanish 1 in college but the only reason I passed was because I fixed the teachers car on a weekend haha! Other than that (which I learned nothing) Ive been reading a spanish book, watching the spanish channel and using online too! I wish I found this forum before!

"AngelicaDeAlquezar" ... Thanks so much for fixing my paragraph!! For some reason I always thought "bonito" meant handsome, or "pretty boy"

"Poli"......Thank you too! I am confused of the very beginning of your sentence, the "A mi me" part? to me my?? I still can't translate that well at all!

so this is my paragraph to practice!!

"Trato de aprender español yo mismo para el día que encuentre a una chica mexicana agradable. y pueda decirle algo bonito en su propio idioma. Ya traté una vez antes de pero ella se rió de mí porque yo soné tonto. Esto me hirió en el corazón y me atemoriza tratar otra vez.Pero tú eres amable y creo que no vas a reírte. A mi me caes muy bien y pienso mucho en ti . Eres una persona muy importante en mi vida."

I definitely like the end better and this part...."Esto me hirió en el corazón y me atemoriza tratar otra vez.". You guys are pro's!!!!!!

¡muchas gracias mis nuevos amigos!
Old December 09, 2009, 03:40 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny View Post
hi,
I have a thing, and I hope someone can tell me which is correct! I am embarrassed tho as someone might think it is silly. I know a really nice girl and shes mexican and i love them. I wanted to tell her something and I have been tryin to learn spanish on my own for months now and it is hard for me. I have prepared what I want to say, by myself, and when I translated it...hahahah!!
there is now no question why people laugh to me! I hope someone can help me,

this is what I want to tell her.

"Trato de aprender español yo mismo por el día que encuentro a una chica mexicana agradable. Yo la digo que algo agradable en su propio idioma. Trato una vez antes de pero ella se rió de mí porque yo sano tonto. esta herida mí aquí en mi corazón y me hace atemorizado tratar otra vez
Yo le quiero. Pienso de usted todo el tiempo. usted es muy importante a mí. Soy terminado ahora. "

and this is what the online translator said hahahah!

"I try to learn Spaniard i by the day that I find a pleasant Mexican girl.
I say it that somewhat pleasant in its own language. I try once before but she laughed at me because I healthy foolish. this injury me here in my heart and he causes he frightened me to treat again,
I want him. I think of you all the time. you are very important to me. I am finished now. "

Ey!!!! do not want to say that to her, if that is a right translation!!!!!!!!
can someone help me? or maybe have a better thing to say? am I in the wrong forum? I am sorry, I am excited and nervous here.

danny
You're a guy very lucky, because if your girlfriend is embarrassed then, you should be very happy with the new news and well, just I understand your need in learn the language, it due because it's necessary the communication with the girl, although I don't understand, as the you two have could have a long communication during your relationship, I know that she perhaps knows English, but anyhow I want to give you congratulations and well, I could see that another friends in the website they have could help you a while, then if you for now need help with the Spanish, then you don't hesitate to ask me in anyway thing or translation that you need.

Sincerely yours.

Have fun.
Old December 09, 2009, 03:54 PM
Ruby

CrOtALiTo....

mi no fortunado yet. no moza amiga yet. ella amigo.
Me gusta ella mucho. ella hablar muy bein english , pero querer hablar mi corazon en espanol.

i have a feeling i hacked those sentences haha!

what I was trying to say is this, im not lucky yet, haha! she does not know how I feel!
The girl is a girl I know, and i like very much. i wanted to tell her my feelings, in her first language which is spanish. she speaks engish with an accent, but speaks very well.

thanks CrOtALiTo!

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: