Old May 17, 2009, 08:05 PM
Opal

Native Language: English
lagrulladelvalle is on a distinguished road
Tags Question

Why, when I tried to use the tags: former, latter, they were rejected as being common. Wouldn't the tags be useful in anchoring another searcher to this thread if he/she had the same or similar issue to what I've just posted?

Would they just as easily find this if this suited their question?
Lagrulladelvalle
Old May 17, 2009, 08:13 PM
Davidísimo

Native Language: American English
Tomisimo will become famous soon enoughTomisimo will become famous soon enough
Good question. The software I'm using for these forums, (vBulletin) has a hard-coded list of "common" words (conjunctions, prepositions) that they don't allow as tags. This probably works well for many forums, but for a language forum, this is not optimal. I've tried working around it, but haven't found a nice way to do it. I'll have another look to see if I can change this.

Edit: Thanks for bringing this up. I just had another look at it, and had a new idea. The fix was actually quite simple. Now you should be able to use any word as a tag. Thanks!
Old May 17, 2009, 08:58 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomisimo View Post
Good question. The software I'm using for these forums, (vBulletin) has a hard-coded list of "common" words (conjunctions, prepositions) that they don't allow as tags. This probably works well for many forums, but for a language forum, this is not optimal. I've tried working around it, but haven't found a nice way to do it. I'll have another look to see if I can change this.

Edit: Thanks for bringing this up. I just had another look at it, and had a new idea. The fix was actually quite simple. Now you should be able to use any word as a tag. Thanks!

David I have one questions about this post.

He said something about tags, I don't know anything about it, then if you are lovable explain me. What does meaning it?
Old May 18, 2009, 02:42 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Inglés
bobjenkins is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrOtALiTo View Post
David I have one questions about this post.

He said something about tags, I don't know anything about it, then if you are lovable explain me. What does meaning it?
CrOtALiTo, los "tags" son ayudarnos encontrar un hilo cuando buscamos

Mira abajo, y derecho, tú verás un botón con las palabras "tag this thread". Tú escoges las palabras que describen el hilo correctamente.

Por ejemplo..
Un hilo sobre Los Choches 4X4

El correcto tags pueden /coches/4X4/offroad

Espero que tú me entientas
Old May 18, 2009, 03:56 PM
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjenkins View Post
CrOtALiTo, los "tags" son ayudarnos encontrar un hilo cuando buscamos

Mira abajo, y derecho, tú verás un botón con las palabras "tag this thread". Tú escoges las palabras que describen el hilo correctamente.

Por ejemplo..
Un hilo sobre Los Choches 4X4

El correcto tags pueden /coches/4X4/offroad

Espero que tú me entientas
Of course, I got you more when you are speak about the offroad, you know I like too much the world of 4 x 4, nowadays I'm in club offroad.

Jejeje, I like the jeeps.

www.jeeperos.com
Old May 18, 2009, 04:45 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Inglés
bobjenkins is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Of course, I got you more when you are speak about the offroad, you know I like too much the world of 4 x 4, nowadays I'm in club offroad.

Jejeje, I like the jeeps.

www.jeeperos.com
Va a ingresar a www.jeeperos.com a practico mi español y habla sobre 4X4

Mi amigo tiene un jeep (91 wrangler pienso) , y me lo gusta Manejamos en lo, en el desierto. A Glamis (un lugar cerca a mi casa, 200 kilometres) ¡¡¡MUCHO DIVERTIDO!!!

Ese es GLAMIS .. lo siento la foto es grande jjeje
Old May 18, 2009, 08:37 PM
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjenkins View Post
Va a ingresar a www.jeeperos.com a practico mi español y habla sobre 4X4

Mi amigo tiene un jeep (91 wrangler pienso) , y me lo gusta Manejamos en lo, en el desierto. A Glamis (un lugar cerca a mi casa, 200 kilometres) ¡¡¡MUCHO DIVERTIDO!!!

Ese es GLAMIS .. lo siento la foto es grande jjeje
Yeah, I have one jeep she is one Cherokee Laredo 1996 with Bloqueadores in the four wheels, and I'm in one club from Jeeperos.com, every weekends we have trips inside of the island in the ranch and in the beach with my friends, I drive the Cherokee with my children, it's my hobby prefer, well, I like found some person with the same interesting than me, if you go to the website in the part where says Ciudad del Carmen y Tabasco, you will can see the pictures that were took in the trips of the last weekend it was this last Saturday.

Sincerely yours.
Old January 05, 2024, 04:42 AM
Opal

lornaroa20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yeah, I have one jeep she is one Cherokee Laredo 1996 with Bloqueadores in the four wheels, and I'm in one club from Jeeperos.com, every weekends we have trips inside of the island in the ranch and in the beach with my friends, I drive the Cherokee with my children, it's my hobby prefer, well, I like found some person with the same interesting than me, if you go to the website in the part where says Ciudad del Carmen y Tabasco, you will can see the pictures that were took in the trips of the last weekend it was this last Saturday.

Sincerely yours.
That sounds like an amazing adventure with your Cherokee Laredo! It's great to see the passion for off-roading and family time. Best wishes on your telecom services venture—it's inspiring to see the balance between exciting hobbies and building a secure future for your family. Keep enjoying those off-road journeys.
Closed Thread

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: