Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Translations

I need help with this translation. HELP!!!!!!

If you need help translating a sentence or longer piece of text, use this forum. For translations or definitions of a single word or idiom, use the vocabulary forum.

Old September 11, 2012, 08:34 PM
Ruby

Pura is on a distinguished road
I need help with this translation. HELP!!!!!!

Hello! I need help with two things here. I thought of this website which I haven't visited for the longest and am so glad that I found it again. Well, these are my questions. I am translating a certified copy of a divorce decree from Ecuador and there are two letters (fa.) that I don't know what they stand for. It says, " VISTOS: A fa. 12 de los autos..." and "constantes de fa. 7 y 8..." and "segun inscripcion de matrimonio de fa. 20 de los autos". The next question I had was about the sum amount of money that it says he was to pay. It really confused me, but she's telling me (the lady I'm doing this translation for) that it says $600. a month in child support. I told her that I was going to look into this because I want to be sure that I'm translating her document correctly. This is what it says " en relacion a los alimentos el padre contribuira con la cantidad equivalente a sesenta salarios minimos vitales generales mensuales, mas los beneficios de ley, por los cuatro hijos..." Si alguien me pudiera ayudar con esto se los agradeceria mucho! Gracias

Last edited by Pura; September 11, 2012 at 08:57 PM. Reason: I wasn't specific on what I need.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old September 11, 2012, 10:44 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
fa. = factura
salarios mínimos = minimum wages (you have to know what the minimum wage is for the country/state/region before you can properly interpret the given phrase)

Wait for others to opine.
Old September 12, 2012, 08:09 AM
Ruby

Thank you Rusty, I was thinking it was factura too, but I wanted to get someone elses opinion. On the other matter with the wages, I started to look up the currency of Ecuador and it's kind of complicated. It's like in Mexico, where the peso goes up and down and this divorce was done in 2000. I hope someone can help me with this other matter soon, but thanks again Rusty.
Old September 12, 2012, 10:03 AM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
@Pura: Although currency changes, the amount is measured in minimum wage units, and that doesn't change. "60 salarios mínimos" is sixty times the current value of minimum wage.
To know exactly how much this is, it should be easy to find on Ecuador's economic data online (either the Central Bank or some economy ministry).
Old September 13, 2012, 08:40 AM
Ruby

Thank you Angelica. I stopped to think about the translation for a bit, when suddenly it came to me. "DUH" Why am I worried about the exact amount, that's for the courts and their atty's to figure out. I'm just translating what it says. I think I got caught up when I saw her version of the translation and she put down $600.00 a month on her translation. I'm so glad that I remembered about this website. I purchased another computer tower because the other one crashed and me not being too computer savvy, didn't know how to get the info out of the other tower. Well, I guess that the important thing is that I found you all again and you helped me out again. Thank you Rusty and Angelica. Hope to hear from you again.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: