Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Practice & Homework
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

A short story, need some help

Practice Spanish or English here. All replies to a thread should be in the same language as the first post.

Old November 24, 2014, 10:09 PM
Opal

TonesCervantes is on a distinguished road
A short story, need some help

Im taking a spanish course and I'm writing a short story for this assignement in class. I'm looking for help with making sure it makes sense while still maintaining the fact that I wrote it. Here is most of the story, in english as I wrote it, and in spanish, my attempt to translate.

English
The warrior realized his inability to help directly and so tried as much as he could by getting the hot water, a towel, and supporting the princess prepare mentally. He awaited in the living room and after a very long time, with what seemed to be an endless stream of cries, the child was born. The princess emerged from the door exhausted, and the baby was letting out an energetic smile. The warrior felt honored to have witnessed the birth of new life and saw the good in all people. The skies cleared and the princess and warrior departed cheerfully.

Spanish
El guerrero realice se no puedo ayudo con el parto. Se ayudo la princesa por obtengo las toallas, y agua caliente, y preparo el princesa mentalmente. El espere en la sala y despues de mucho tiempo con una corriente de gritos sin fin, el bebe era nacio. La princesa surgio de vuelta, era muy cansada, y el bebe sonrio enérgicamente. El guerrero alivio, y se sintió honrado de haber atestiguado el nacimiento de un bebe. El vio la bien en todas law personas. El cielo despejo, y la princesa y el guerrero salieron alegremente.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old November 25, 2014, 09:18 AM
Emerald

Native Language: Español
Julvenzor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
El guerrero realice se no puedo ayudo con el parto. Se ayudo () la princesa por obtengo (las) toallas, y agua caliente, y preparo el princesa mentalmente. El espere en la sala y despues de mucho tiempo con una corriente de gritos sin fin, el bebe era nacio. La princesa surgio de vuelta, era muy cansada, y el bebe sonrio enérgicamente. El guerrero () alivio, y se sintió honrado de haber atestiguado el nacimiento de un bebe. El vio la bien en todas las personas [no meaning]. El cielo () despejo, y la princesa y el guerrero salieron alegremente.

You need to improve it so much. Unfortunately, that's not Spanish.
You must conjugate the verbs according to the tense and to know which of them are pronominal. Besides, take care with false friends: "to realize" is not "realizar" and "to be born" is not "ser nacido".

Try to correct it.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: