Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques

Need Help Learning to Speak Fluently

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Old June 03, 2010, 11:30 PM
Opal

dvisto is on a distinguished road
there are certain things you can do to learn the language a lot faster.

1. Start by taking an ESL class ( "English as a Second Language.")
2.Buy an English audio or DVD course (you can listen the audio course even you are driving, or as background music everytime you go to the gym or cleaning your house).
3.Practice speaking English with other people, preferably with native English speakers. (they are everywhere).
4.Watch television shows or movies that are in English and which do not have subtitles in your native language. Pay attention to the dialogue and try to figure out what the actors are saying.
5.Read newspapers, books and magazines that are printed in English (dont forget to have an english dictionary in handy).

Last edited by AngelicaDeAlquezar; June 04, 2010 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Removed link

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old June 04, 2010, 12:56 AM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Yes I have made everything of the you have told me there.

I have read books, I listen to music mean I'm driving only I listen to much in English.
I speak with natives speakers Americans a lot of.
I have took a little course in the Harmon hall here in Carmen city.

I have made everything.
Nowadays I'm going to a Jehova's meetings the Thursdays with people from America and people British, and well I believe that during the meetings I have learnt more about the language, because although they speak only things of the bible in English, I tend to understand them everything they say.

I read a lot of post here in the website and well just everything my job is related with the English, as I'm computer Engineer, I install the System operative and I use the software only in English, all my life is spent in the English, I sleeping dreaming with the English.

Something else?

I forgot this, I posted only in English.

Sincerely yours.
Old June 26, 2010, 08:14 PM
Ruby

Native Language: American English
Jamie is on a distinguished road
Another thing that you could do would be to make up a list of vocabulary that you would like to learn each week. It doesn't have to be much, but you could study the list for a few minutes every day and make a new list every week.

By doing this, you can be sure that you're adding ten or so words to your vocabulary every week, in addition to any words that you may come across.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: