Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > The Tomísimo Lounge > Suggestions & Feedback
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

When computer automatically puts you offline

Questions, suggestions & feedback about the forums, dictionary or site in general.

Old October 03, 2010, 05:20 PM
Emerald

Native Language: Bicol/Tagalog; English = second language
vita32 is on a distinguished road
When computer automatically puts you offline

When computer automatically puts you offline because you delay too much in typing response you are automatically log off the site and even if you log back in, the site will not process your typed response and so you lost the data. Is there a way around this problem?

Thanks.

All corrections are appreciated.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old October 03, 2010, 06:56 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
I believe you're talking about the 1-hour session timeout. If there is no session activity on an account for one hour, you are automatically signed off.
Only David would be able to answer this question.

If you're experiencing something different, let us know.
Old October 03, 2010, 10:50 PM
Emerald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
I believe you're talking about the 1-hour session timeout. If there is no session activity on an account for one hour, you are automatically signed off.
Only David would be able to answer this question.

If you're experiencing something different, let us know.
Thank you for your response. I guess what I can do is before I hit the submit reply button, I need to check to make sure I'm still online and if not, to log back in, then hit the submit reply button.

Old October 04, 2010, 09:54 AM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Yes when you delay so much and you have typed some one in the forums the server automatically will log off you for inactivity in your user.

Therefore, you can't leave some kind of process in the forums or any way place where you need to be log on, because the server are configured that automatically it log off you for security of your user ID.

When I'm writing something in my user ID, I don't keep much time log on in my user, because the server automatically log off me out if I don't keep my writing before.

Then anyone can't change that kind of security only it can be changed for the website administrator.

But really the inactivity ID is well configured, already that kind of configuration keep safe your user ID of others hackers in the network.

Sincerely yours.
Old October 04, 2010, 10:33 AM
Ruby

Feliz is on a distinguished road
Reply to Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vita32 View Post
When computer automatically puts you offline because you delay too much in typing response you are automatically log off the site and even if you log back in, the site will not process your typed response and so you lost the data. Is there a way around this problem?

Thanks.
@vita32: I try to avoid long periods online. If I think it's going to take a while to answer a post, I copy the question into a word processor that I have on my desktop, like Notepad, WordPad, OpenOffice.org Writer. Then, I Log Out after surfing the forums a bit. I compose my reply to the question offline. I log in again when it is convenient, and copy and paste my reply to the thread into the word processor provided on the forums. This method works for me when I need more time and I don't want to worry about being disconnected automatically. Hope this helps.

Old October 04, 2010, 12:36 PM
Diamond

I don't know, I use the Google Chrome browser and I never need to log me on again during more than four hours.

I don't use the explorer browser it's doesn't works for me and either I don't like it.
Old October 04, 2010, 01:31 PM
Emerald

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrOtALiTo View Post
Yes when you delay so much and you have typed some one in the forums the server automatically will log off you for inactivity in your user.

Therefore, you can't leave some kind of process in the forums or any way place where you need to be log on, because the server are configured that automatically it log off you for security of your user ID.

When I'm writing something in my user ID, I don't keep much time log on in my user, because the server automatically log off me out if I don't keep my writing before.

Then anyone can't change that kind of security only it can be changed for the website administrator.

But really the inactivity ID is well configured, already that kind of configuration keep safe your user ID of others hackers in the network.

Sincerely yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feliz View Post
@vita32: I try to avoid long periods online. If I think it's going to take a while to answer a post, I copy the question into a word processor that I have on my desktop, like Notepad, WordPad, OpenOffice.org Writer. Then, I Log Out after surfing the forums a bit. I compose my reply to the question offline. I log in again when it is convenient, and copy and paste my reply to the thread into the word processor provided on the forums. This method works for me when I need more time and I don't want to worry about being disconnected automatically. Hope this helps.
@Crotalito and Feliz,

Thanks to both of you. I'll be mindful of the time limit and I'll try to do as you suggest.

Old October 04, 2010, 07:32 PM
Diamond

You're welcome.

I hope you can get the best way to do that.
Old October 05, 2010, 03:10 PM
Ruby

Feliz is on a distinguished road
Reply to thread

You are welcome.

My method takes a little getting used to, though.

Old October 06, 2010, 12:52 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Spanish (Castilian, peninsular)
JPablo is on a distinguished road
Yes, that seems to be a good method...
I am normally able to answer the thread as I go... (Some exercises, where there are many sentences, or a translation for a page or several paragraphs, work better if you just do it on your desktop document, and then copy & paste your answer...

But normally I can improvise a little "poem" "en menos que canta un gallo" or "at the drop of a hat!"

Get set, ready, go!!!!

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: